Monday, April 27, 2015

It's here......................


I wrote a series of Tech Tips that appeared in A Needle Pulling Thread magazine from Spring 2010 until Fall 2014. These articles were chock full of information about rotary cutting, quarter inch seam allowance, pressing and a whole lot more.

To be truthful - those Tech Tips originated back in 2002 when I did a Block of the Month for the Mississauga Guild. I felt that providing a block pattern each month wasn't enough (yep - call me crazy) so I created a series of handouts that became the base for these Tech Tips. The ones in the book have pictures and of course as I learned stuff - I updated them.

Funny when I think back that I started to quilt in late 1998 and wrote a series of technical articles about quilting in 2002!!!!!    But I am a quick learner and MOST of the information in that original series is still true today!!!!   I learned so much from keeping ahead of the students when I became a teacher and of course - I have made a LOT of mistakes over the years.

When QUILSocial was released in June 2014, the articles were assembled into a booklet that was "published" as an e-book. If you signed up for QUILTSocial, you should have received half of the e-book for free. You had the option to purchase the entire e-book or you could also order as a physical book.

I have had loads of requests for the actual book and guess what - the books have arrived!!!


Tech Tip book


Of course - I am very excited to finally see the book in print (well I have had a copy for a while) but exciting to be able to offer it to you!

Have a quick peek at my original copy that I ordered on-line.

The original book


Do you see any difference between them???

The difference between the old (on the left) and the new (on the right)??



How about now???   Yes - it is very subtle, but before the book went to print, Carla changed the colours on the cover and the inside cover from pink to ORANGE!!!!   Very appropriate!

Bottom line - I have books for SALE!!!!!   They are $15.00 and I shall be flogging them over the next month. They will be available for sale at the Brampton Quilt Show which is on May 2 and 3 at the Jim Archdekin Arena in Brampton. I will have them at the Mississauga Guild meeting, at my sewing days and any classes that I am teaching. And yes - I will sign them if you want.

I have lots so don't worry about not getting a copy and if they disappear quickly, I shall reorder again.


Now I have a little task for you. Remember my "While I'm Away Challenge??"   I haven't received much so I guess that means you are giving me a break while I am away????   If you still want to be part of that challenge (all you have to do is give me something) - check out the post so you can get all the details. That deadline is fast approaching - well you have ONE month.


On that note - I am off to spin class.    Oh boy - I forgot. This is the start of the locker room switcharoo!   They need to do some renovations to the ladies locker room, and because all the workers are men - they are switching the locker rooms for a couple of weeks.

No danger of going into the wrong locker room with that huge sign!!!
Let's just say that the men have a beautiful locker room. OK - so do we, but theirs is much bigger (well it seems bigger) because it is much more open and spacious.  Apparently we have more lockers?  I'm thinking moms with their strollers would LOVE this locker room. None there early in the morning, but during the day - it can be a zoo.

It was pretty funny this morning because we didn't get to see our usual people as everyone spread out and there was a TON of people that I have never seen before. Where did they come from???   Or are they always there, but tucked into the bowels of the ladies' locker room??  Going into the steam room was a bit challenging as when I entered, it was full of steam. ACK - can't see a thing - where do I sit down? How big is this place? And then when I did sit down - OH - where is the door?????  And I could hear someone in there so not as if I could go feeling around!   But it was fine once I got my bearings. Hey - LIFETIME - I love the men's locker room. We should switch!  Don't worry  - already told them that - numerous times this morning.


Ok - off to Monday sewing where I will be doing some hand stitching. Got to finish up a binding for a quilt in the Brampton show this weekend. I am so glad that I was reasonable in what I could get done for the show! (one quilt!)  Making a bit of headway on cleaning up and putting away. I'll keep you up to date on that!

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Have something for you away challenge. Will bring it to guild next week.

    ReplyDelete