Tuesday, April 7, 2015

What I've been up to.........

I have to share my latest technology story with you. We were having troubles with our route/modem combination. We were not getting a good signal to all areas of the house. I work in the basement, DH on the main floor and M is upstairs - opposite corner of the house to where I work.

We decided to upgrade our modem/route combo to the new SUPER modem/router combo from our cable supplier. After waiting and waiting - we got it installed. We were advised to put the modem/router on the main floor (and not in the basement like it had been) to get better coverage. OK - did that. Internet access was sketchy in particular for M even though the router was closer to her - well maybe not considering the angles involved.

Anyway - so I bought another stand alone router. This unit  is supposed to be good for a large space covering multiple floors. OK - this should do the trick. Well, now we have THREE separate networks in our house. Of course - I am now having trouble with the internet access - very sketchy and I have to keep switching networks in order to print. GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!   It never ends with technology.

I guess the printer will have to be switched to a different network - OR - we each claim one of the networks and put our stuff on that network and stop switching around. Oh well - we will get it figured out!!!! And the battery in my laptop is dead so if I want to move the laptop to the main floor to work (like last night), I have to shut it down and then repower it up once I am moved. The joys of technology!!!!


Yes - I have been quilting up a storm behind all the running around.


Customer quilt - DONE


It has a FLANGE and I vowed that I would NEVER do an overall design over a flange again. So I did an overall in the center of the quilt and then some free motion stuff in the border. I like flanges but they have to be quilted semi-custom.


Detail of the quilting
 And do you remember that crazy binding that a certain someone was making at our sewing days????   Guess who got to sew it on the quilt????   yes - that would be me!!!!!


Crazy binding sewn on the quilt by me - but thankfully NOT made by me!!!!

Customer quilt - done!!!

Another customer quilt - DONE - still have to sew the binding on this one later today. 



Wow - that is a lot happening!!!!   I think there are more pictures of quilts somewhere?  I have quite a few folders of edited pictures to share with you - so I am sure there are a few more somewhere.

On that note - it is another crazy crazy day and I had better get started.


Have an awesome day!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Don't forget to check out QUILTSocial this morning. A great tutorial on binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment