Friday, April 3, 2015

Revisiting some old projects.....................

I have to say that I am a very lucky person. My friend, Robin would tell me that I make my own luck!  Doesn't matter where or how it comes, maybe I should say that I am blessed?   And why am I blessed? - because I know so many wonderfully fabulous people. They are a wealth of information (and I like to return what I know), they are helpful, they are creative, they are entertaining - well the list goes on and on.  Let's just say that I am very blessed and while I don't always get a chance to spend as much time as I would like on some conversations - I do think about others a lot. I have a lot of hours to kill in a day doing stuff with my hands and well my head has to think about something. So I think about you!!!!

Again a HUGE HUGE HUGE thank you to everyone who has donated items for M's fashion show fundraiser.  We so appreciate all the donations. We still have until April 13th - so if you have stuff - let me know and we'll come pick it up.

TWO other good things happened yesterday. One - I finished "correcting" my mistake on that project. Yeah - what a relief to be pretty much done with it now. I'll get the info to you soon. Secondly, I had a quilt to do before I go away and I thought it was going to take me a LONG time to do it. But nope - realized when I opened it up that it won't take that long. You know - that sounds silly, but it is a huge relief.

I found these pictures waiting to be posted - they are what I did a week ago on Monday.


All the half square triangles for Vintage Moments - trimmed!!!!!

And yet another row on the ugly string pieced quilt

Got the mitered borders put on this strippy quilt. I love this quilt and it is SO EASY to make

The backing (love the colour and it's flannel) is washed. The binding is made. It is almost ready to go into the lost realm called "TO BE QUILTED". Well they are technically not lost, but it takes a long time for them to resurface as a finished quilt. 


Remember those blocks that I was chopping up and resewing together?  The ones that I had made a mistake in the initial cutting?  Yep - I started with rectangles (as per the pattern). When I made the initial cut, I cut in the landscape orientation instead of portrait or vice versa. Anyway - I could no longer follow the pattern. So.................    I just made it up as I went along.


The LAST seam was done - these blocks were just waiting to be trimmed


And what did I get with the trimmed blocks?????    Yes - a FUNKY looking star!!!!!    I love them.

Actually - there was a star and a long strip of nothing on the side. I trimmed the star block part and took the leftovers to use as a border??????   Not sure yet - it is on the design wall and I am trying to figure out the next step.

Star blocks with dark blue for sashing - nope

Star blocks with black and white??????

Hmmmmm - maybe not that black and white

Just black?????

See - here are the blocks and that scrappy border!!!!!





Hmmm - now that I am looking at it here - I am kind of liking the white. That would give it a very modern look. For some ridiculous reason, I want to put a small frame around each block. So if I put a white frame, then I could always decide later what to do. My other option is a small black frame.  What do you think???   Black or white????

I hate making those kind of decisions.  As soon as I find the right colour for the sashing - it will come to me!!!!   This is where a trip to the quilt store comes in handy. Easy to access all those colours and - well I am at Ruti's on Saturday for a class - perhaps I will go.


OK - so have you ever had a day when - well you wish you could win the lottery??????   I need a mere $900,000.  This is so off the wall and blue sky that it hurts. But there is this fabulous building - it would be a perfect gallery/quilt store/studio/sewing working room - it would be awesome!!!!!    And it is up for sale, the asking price is a mere $900,000.    Didn't Oprah always say - go big or go home?????  Oh well - that is something I can dream about. And I can renovate and decorate in my mind - yep - maybe that is what I will do instead of thinking about all of you!!!!


On that note - I am back at the long arm this morning.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Go with the white the blocks show up better, if your going thru Orillia and I am home I have something for M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I like the white - I think I will go with white!!!! Thanks. I will be stopping at Thimbles and Things on Wednesday AM - around 8. Does that work for you or perhaps you can leave it at the store and i can pick it up. Thanks for that.

      Delete