Sunday, April 19, 2015

It's show n tell time again!!!


I have no idea what is the matter with the camera card - it seems to be working just fine except that there are a lot of missing pictures. I am scanning the card as I type trying to use a recovery program, but so far - NOTHING.  That is because the program is trying to recovery deleted files not damanged files. So will have to do a bit more investigating. Let's say that this card will be reformatted or thrown out when I get done with it!!!


Last Wednesday, we had our class on the Stitcher's Garden.

Stitcher's Garden by The Stitch Connection

We had another super show n tell. This really is a neat pattern because you are doing a lot of different techniques, learning about your sewing machine feet, abilities of your sewing machine and a whole lot more. The class will run again in the fall at Brampton Sew n Serge. I am thinking you should call early to reserve a spot as there is limited space. It is a hands on class!!!!

Now let me see if I can remember whose is whose!  Oh I have decided to not even try to remember names. I can only hazard a guess at whose blocks were whose.  They keeep shifting spots in the class and I know that this month, they didn't go in the order in which they were sitting so that got me messed up!!!!!


The picture does not do justice to this block - the colours are stunning and the workmanship is equally beautiful

Again gorgeous colours

The stem of this flower is embroidery floss that is couched in place.  I didn't even notice it  - it was so well done. That was a technique they were attempting  this month. 

This person used some fussy cut images (the butterfly!)   And if memory serves me correctly, she used sparkly threads for the couching in the flowers. 

Another gorgeous block - love the fabric used in the flower petals

There are all kinds of stitches being used on the applique.  And individual stitches are used on the ends of the flowers. Super easy with the FIX and STOP features on the sewing machine!!!!

Nice bright colours and look at those bright borders!!!!

More bright colours - and see how the stitching contrasts with the edges of the applique. So many options and styles. 

Super bright colours and she has appliqued flower centers on these ones. 

Love the colours on this block and the border colours are awesome!

Nice contrast on this one!  Again - great use of stitching on all the edges.

Ah - a much more subdued one. That is the beauty of the class - we get to see all styles!

More of the subdued palette

Very pretty colours
One of the ladies hasn't been in class for a couple of times and we got to see her older blocks. Love those colours!!!!

Some of the older blocks




This is the center of Sheila's quilt. Looks awesome!!!!



Wow - OK - I had better get myself up to speed on this quilt. It is very pretty and can't wait for the final class (in September) for the awesome reveal!!!!!

Remember if you want to take this class (it is hands on - which means you get to borrow feet to try and lots of the bits and pieces we use are supplied for testing), then you better get signed up. We will only run it once more!!!!!!


On that note - I have two more classes for free motion quilting today. Yikes - I did NOT get a lot of the stuff processed that was on the tables so once again I had to move it!!!!   The good news - it doesn't take that long to move it any more -  the amount of stuff is way less than it used to be. But still have to move it none the less. So I  must get myself in gear and get that issue fixed. I am reading the book "the life changing magic of tidying up" by marie kondo. I shall be sharing some of my thoughts about the book soon!  It is an "interesting" read!!!!!


Oh crud - just slipped out to get a tea and a cookie. Got home with the cookie, but not the tea so had to go back!!!!!

On that note - have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Are you making yours in bright colors? Or pastels? Don't just show us the students work, we want to see yours too! The teacher's is the example.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loretta - I am laughing as I read your comment. If the teacher were to show her work, she would have to confess that her blocks are NOT complete!!!! I am making it a goal to get them up to date - then I will show them. HOpefully for next show n tell!!!!

      Delete