Friday, April 24, 2015

Doesn't get any more chaotic than this!!!!


Yesterday was one of those days - well - what can I say except to tell you the story!

Not a lot of time so got to make it short (I know - you are all breathing big sighs of relief at that!)

Let me start with showing you my treasure...........  Elaine was in Maryland last week and look what she found!!!  Yep - left over from last year. Well since the new Row by Row Experience is gearing up for this year, I've been on several web sites and let's just say that I know EXACTLY what I am going to do with my license plates from last year. Now to find the time to do it. It is going to be FUN!!!!!!


2014 licence plate from Row by Row


This plate just solidified what I am going to do. Thanks Elaine - this is the starting point of my quilt!!!!   Ooops - did I say a quilt?  OK - so I am going to make a quilt from them. You just don't know what kind!


Yesterday was set-up day for the Mississauga Guild Quilt show and the CreativFestival and I was at both! I know - I finally figured out how to clone myself. OK - not really. I was at the Mississauga show at 8:30 AM to drop off a couple boxes of sheets. Then off to the Creative Festival where I had a HUGE surprise.

We had help! Two extra bodies including a nice young man so I didnt' have a lot of physical work to do to get all the product to the booth.  Oh yes - it is going to be a GOOD day.

Went to my car at noon to get my lunch and OH MY GOD - I left my lights on (despite the fact that I have a little beeper to tell me I left the lights on) and the battery was dead!!!! Thank God for CAA. Couldn't call them right away because then I would have to leave the car running and we weren't done yet. I called around 2PM and they were there by 3 PM just when I was ready to leave - PERFECT!!!!   See - I do have SOME time maangement skills.

Off to the Mississauga Show to see what was happening there and the show was up and everything looked awesome!!!  On the way to the show, I got a call and something that I needed last  night was still at the CreativFestival. And I had a guild meeting last night. Prep for TWO demos today - well you get the picture - it was a crazy crazy day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Here the recap that you need to know:


Mississauga Guild Quilt Show -    check the link for details. But here are some tips::

The show is in an arena - I would advise that you dress with shoes AND socks and wear layers and you may even want a pair of mittens. I know that sounds crazy, but with the weather - the arenas haven't had time to warm up.  And you WANT TO STAY for a while. There are some GREAT vendors and the quilts are SPECTACULAR!!!!!  

There are 22 challenge quilts (and yes - the ribbons will be on the winners this morning),  (between looking for that list of winners and prepping for the demos - the studio looks like a disaster!!!!)

There are ELEVEN of the block of the month (well - the chunk of the month) that I designed.  They are all stunning and a very interesting study to see how each of the eleven quilters interpreted the grayscale pattern.  Really really worth having a look at.   Look at the different styles of quilting as well - interesting.

There are demos - amazing demos.

There are over FIFTY mini quilts waiting to be won!!!   Just don't pick the one that I want to win. Yes - I sent money with one of the volunteers to buy me tickets!!

There are the two gogeous raffle quilts that you can buy a ticket to win. The draw is on Saturday.  


And then there are the over 250 quilts. They are stunning.  A HUGE variety of styles, colours, patterns, quilting ideas.   Have a look - both at what was done with the domestic sewing machine and the long arm. There are great examples of bindings!!!!   I'll let you look for those!

 I had an hour yesterday and part of that was consumed in chatting to people. I did snag some good photos which I will NOT share with you - at least until the show is over. But I really really want to go back with my TEACHER EYE on and look for examples of stuff.   Not sure if they would let me into the arena tonight. I doubt it.

Anyway - a GREAT SHOW - you need to go.



CreativFestival -    I had a quick run through all the booths last night and there is some amazing stuff. Remember it doesn't take much to get me excited!!!!   Some new booths  - milk paint must be hot - I saw TWO booths.   The book guy is there with TONS of new Zentangle books. Well - too much to describe in a few minutes. I will try to post more pics on Facebook today if I get a chance. The show opens at 9 for those with advance tickets and I must hustle my butt out of here.


I am doing TWO demos today.

Rule your rulers at 12:30
and
Hand embroidery is hot at 3:30.


check them out - I have loads of samples to show and techniques to demo!!!!!



On that note - I need to get out of here.


Have an awesome day and if you are at the CreativFestival - I am in Booth 268.   Stop by and say HI!!!!!


Cioa!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment