Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Productivity level - off the charts!!!!


It was a super productive day!!!!   Started off at the gym where the place was EMPTY.  Because of the holiday, hardly anyone was there and I pretty much had the entire locker room to myself.  I took a picture even though we aren't supposed to take pictures in there - but I couldn't resist.  I LOVE that gym and it's worth every penny!!!  I'll post the picture tomorrow.

Then off to sew with the Monday Maniacs!    I had FOUR things that need to be finished before I leave on Wednesday morning. At least all the machine parts have to be done.  I managed to complete TWO of them while at Monday and made great progress on the third.  The fourth one was on the long arm and pretty hard to carry that around! I took lots of pictures, but no time to edit them this morning.

And I can't begin to tell you how much fun it was to sew with the group.  While I do get to stay in touch with most of the group - some I don't see on a regular basis and so was able to catch up.  I even managed to start working on something with that box of green crazy scraps - I'll show you later.  I think it is going to be fun and a great way to use up the scraps.

But I was pumped when I got home and I finished quilting my challenge piece for QuiltCon. Here is a sneak peek of it!!!!!   At first I wasn't sure I was going to like how I quilted it, but once I took it off the machine, I'm very pleased with it.  I keep telling my students to believe in themselves and to just go for it and the more that I do that myself - the more fun I'm having with the quilting.  I have to say that just winging it rather than following a pattern is way more fun!!!!    And remember - the more inconsistently consistent you are (meaning RANDOM ALL THE WAY)  is so great - no one knows if you made a mistake or that was a design element!!!!!


Sneak peek of my challenge


Well - I was pumped up so I kept on going.  I had a couple of table runners that needed to be quilted.  Half the battle is not knowing what designs to quilt.  This runner kept talking to me as I loaded it and chose the thread color.  Then POOF - we agreed on a design and I got it done!!!!


Customer table runner - DONE
 And then I had another smaller table runner - same design.  That got done too!!!!

Customer table runner - DONE!
 Just in case you think I cheated and said I did two, but really only did one - here they are together!!!!


Tablerunners!!!!



They are trimmed and in the ready pile!!!!!


It's going to be a busy day today as I get the last minute prep stuff done before we leave.  And the weather is crappy and I have a couple of personal errands that HAVE to be done today as well.   DRAT!!!!

On that note - OH WAIT - Lexi has something to say this morning.  You better check that out - you know she can be a pain if you don't pay attention to her.

Have an awesome day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment