Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Cut, cut, cut.......

I don't know why it is, but getting ready to go away for a few days, whether that is a business trip, a vacation or a sewing retreat, it seems that there is so much to do and so little time. Why is that?

Despite the fact that I have a ton of stuff already cut in my studio, I spent a lot of time last night and this morning cutting more fabric.  Of course, I'm respecting the three bag limit!  



More of Fancy Forest is prepped


I got even more cut than shown in this picture, but no time for messing around with the camera. While my cutting table seems to have a few things sitting on it (as usual), my old sewing machine cabinet happened to be standing there with NOTHING on it.  I commandeered it and it became a repository for my cutting.  I really like that idea.


The excess fabric bags from Fancy Forest
I debated whether to throw this extra fabric in the tote - after all, these bags are going to take up space, but what happens if I've missed cutting a piece?  The bags are now safely stowed in the bottom of that third bag!

Let's not forget that there are a couple of URGENT quilts that need to be made. Well, they are quilts with deadlines. So in the picture below, there are actually TWO quilts. One on the left and the rest is the second quilt.  Very pretty colors - all of these are from Northcott's Artisan Spirit Shimmer collections. I love the way they gradate, although they are NOT in any particular order in this picture.


Strips cut for TWO quilts


I thought I had better get myself organzied and cut more of my February project as well. I was able to cut strips, but no sub cutting.  Not to worry, I will do the subcutting at the retreat. I don't normally like to do that, but I've no choice.  I still have ONE quilt that HAS to be quilted by tonight.  Thankfully it's small so won't be a problem, but still puts a bit of pressure on!

The February project
And then just when I'm thinking things are good, disaster strikes.  Well, not the bad kind. But this package of fabric was sitting on my desk when I arrived at work (I was hoping it would arrive before the retreat). This fabric is for a quilt that also has a deadline.  Here's a SNEAK peek as this fabric ships to stores in May.  The collection is called Tis the Season by Northcott.  It's gorgeous!!


Tis the Season collection



I quickly cut part of the quilt. The most labor intensive part and it's tucked in the bag as well.  I have ONE last thing to place in the bag and I'm packed!!!  

Three bags!!!   I did it!

On that note, I've a couple of patterns to finish writing and verifying so I better get my act together. Who said pattern writing was easy?   No one! Ever!

Have a super day!!!

Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment