Thursday, August 16, 2018

The BiQUE Ride Rest Day - Part Two

I think my FitBit was at 27,000 steps last night and none of its as from riding the bike!

I finally got back to the hotel around 3:30 PM and thought I would have a wee nap as I was hot and tired. I read for a bit and then woke up around 4 PM to lightening and thunder. It was POURING rain.  The storm went on for several hours and it was fun to watch people scurrying around in the rain.

Around 6:30 PM,  after I read and napped and read and napped, the rain had stopped enough to venture out. I thought I’ll just hit the Lone Star next to the hotel for dinner. It was packed and a long wait. So I wandered off to another restaurant that someone had been to the night before. Again - they were packed, but there was room at the bar for one.

I had a wonderful meal. And got to watch the young bartender. She was very busy but super nice and friendly. Amazing how many drinks she made or bottles of wine she got ready. I had wanted to walk down to the ice cream place in the afternoon but the rain put a damper on that plan. So I had ice cream (tartufo) at the restaurant. That was very yummy.

Back to the room and I hadn’t been here that long before it was storming like mad once again. The rain was pouring down with lightening and thunder. The winds weren’t as bad as in the afternoon, but still it was a crazy storm. In the afternoon, the lightening would strike and I wish I could have taken pictures and the thunder was immediately after - it’s was right on top of us. Thankfully I was in the hotel and had done all I wanted to do for the day.

I haven’t checked the weather for today, but at least the rain has stopped, although the sky is cloudy.

DH mentioned that in Kansas City, they have a “take your dog to the ball park day”.  Can you imagine us taking our looney toons to the ball park? Every time the ball was thrown, Murphy would be wanting to chase it!

I guess I had better pack up my stuff in the suitcase and get ready for the day!

Have a great day!!!

Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment