Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Christmas in July

Well, that's not quite right, but I did get something special in the mail yesterday.

Let's just say that it wasn't a very productive day. No, it was, just not much to show for it.

In case you're wondering - YES - the motor did arrive yesterday. It arrived at 4:17 but I wasn't home. I had left a note that if it needed a signature to see my neighbor. It was on my step when I got home at 7 PM so not sure if the UPS left it there or the neighbor did. Doesn't matter - I got it.

The package

I did get it opened up last night and I got a nice set of instructions as well as the motor. I have to say that I've never been let down by the instructions from APQS. There are lots of pictures and explanations. Sometimes I take it in small bites because I do have to search for the appropriate thing at times but mostly because I don't know the official names of some of the parts. Sometimes it's a mental challenge. It took me three days to install the computer, but I'm hoping this will be easy. The first page (opening up the machine is already done!)

The motor (wrapped in plastic) and the instructions

Hopefully later today, I'll get a chance to get the motor installed. I have a couple of urgent things to do and I have TWO days to get them done. One will be done by noon today - that's my focus for this morning. The other two will be dealt with in their own time. Then, I'll hope to have some time to work on the long arm.

I can't be too worried about those deadlines as I went to the movies yesterday. We saw Mama Mia!
Oh - it was such a good movie. Kind of sad in parts, but the music was so well done and to compensate for the "bad" singing in the last one, they had a lot of young actors (very well cast) to do the singing. I loved it!!! And CHER - oh my god! Her voice is still beautiful - a wee bit stiff in legs but she's 72!!!

Then I signed up for an online class on the long arm software. I wasn't going to but decided to forge ahead - I need to learn that to properly get my money's worth. That took up a couple of hours but I did some hand embroidery while I listened and watched. It's the first of 8 classes over the next four weeks. Am I going to be busy? Oh yes!!

I cranked out 32 KM this morning on the bike. It was a great class and when you get in the zone, you're not thinking about anything. Just focus on breathing and pedaling. Awesome class.

Don't forget to checkout QUILTsocial today. There are some great tips on machine quilting - needles, machine settings, thread color, etc. Be sure to check it out.

The girls are up to no good this morning and I haven't seen them since they went out - not even for breakfast. I'm sure Lexi will tell you all about it when they calm down.

Now I'm ready to tackle the day.

Have a super day!!!

Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment