Thursday, August 30, 2018

Crazy is not an option!


There's a reason that the title of this blog has the word CRAZY in it.

Here I am getting ready to get on a plane in a couple of hours. What am I doing? Well - it's very early in the morning and I'm writing my blog because we can't miss a day of blogging! We can't miss a day of entertainment for you and me. Have I packed? NO! But at least I did some laundry last night.

There isn't a single time that I leave when I'm not running around like mad trying to finish something up late and then getting up very early the next morning to finish things off. Never fails!

Yesterday was another intense day. The issue with the long arm put me behind and I'm trying desperately to get caught up. I had three quilts that NEED to be on the plane with me. I'm happy to report that I finished them off last night.....late.   Technically, I could have taken the last one with me and finished it while I was away as it only needed handwork, but I wanted them done last night.

Over the last two days, I got these two quilts done. Of course, both of them were bigger than a lap, but that's OK. The long arm hasn't given me a hiccup since I got back from the bike trip. Now, why is that? It's going to be time to start reassembling that thing when I'm back.


Customer quilt - DONE
 And here's the second customer quilt - DONE!!

Customer quilt - DONE

When I saw the fabric, I thought of this pattern. This kind of pattern (and the soccer one) are one of the reasons I bought the computer for the long arm. There is NO WAY that you could do this same pattern by hand. You just can't. I love it and can't wait to stitch it on another quilt.


Bubblicious long arm pattern


So now both quilts are trimmed and packed in a duffle for the flight. First time in a long time that I check luggage, but there is no way that both of those big quilts will fit in my carryon. However, guess what I found when I was digging out the duffle bag? I have two duffle bags and I could feel something in one of them. Yep - there's a water bottle in there. My MISSING water bottle. I think I remember accusing my family of using it and losing it. Oh dear - sorry M.

The third quilt that I finished is a wall hanging. It's been sitting around here for a couple of years. No sleeve, no label. I made a real label for this one and finished the hand stitching last night. That makes number FIFTY-TWO for the year. Yeah!!!  That's pretty exciting. This was originally made for a Schoolhouse session at Quilt Market. My intention as to add sunflowers spilling out the bottom of the right-hand side. That never happened, but I still think it would be cute. Anyway, this was a panel from Northcott - Heartland Home collection. Just a different way to add borders to a panel. Now it's going to a good home and one more quilt out of my house.


Wall hanging - finish number 52 for the year



Not only did I finish number fifty-two yesterday, but I had to complete Number fifty-one as well. I wasn't sure that I was going to get that one done and get it to the UPS office in time to be shipped yesterday, but it got done and it's in the system to be delivered next week. I made it to the UPS office on the way to my class (yes - I had to teach a class last night!) See what I mean about crazy? Anyway, thankfully number 51 was small and it's gone. The sleeve even got sewn on that one as well.  It's for a magazine so you don't get to see that one yet.

There's so many more things that have to be finished. Some with deadlines, some without. Focus, focus, focus! They will get done - I know they will!

I still have some paperwork that has to be completed this morning and that I can't do while I'm away. Only one teeny thing so I'm off to get that done now.

This will be a quick trip that I'm jamming in between classes. Normally, I don't teach in the summer. Summer being July and August. But it just worked out this way. We started a four part class last night on how to make a quilt. There are 4 enthusiastic quilters in the class who all learned to rotary cut with very little difficulty. They're going to be star students for sure.

I also learned something lst night. Something cool and I'm going to share it with you but just not yet. There's no time. But if you have one of those digital cutters - I found the PERFECT use for it.

I can just hear my mother saying - you should manage your time better and then you wouldn't have to be up so late. Well, she doesn't need to know that I got a little less sleep than normal last night. I'll sleep on the plane.

On that note, don't forget to get yourself organized. Set proper deadlines, set false deadlines - I guess that's what I'm going to have to do. I still have three more trips before the end of the year and this last minute thing is going to kill me so I had better look at the deadlines because there are MORE deadlines.

When I'm back, I have a crazy schedule for the remainder of the week, but I'll be back on track for quilting customer quilts - just in case you're reading this and wondering why your quilt isn't getting quilted. I should be back on track in a week. No more quilts need to jump the queue for any reason.

OK - I'm out of here.

Have a great day!!!


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment