Saturday, October 6, 2018

The Long Way Home


Seriously?  I just tried the keyboard on the iPad and it worked. I give up - silly thing.

But the best part - I'm home! I don't have pictures for you today - I don't have time. But tomorrow. I must make myself a TODO list of everything (the most urgent) things that need to be done this weekend. I do have a class to teach this morning, but then it's going to be heads-down in the studio. Quilts to be quilted, quilts to be made, samples to be made. Oh yes - it's going to be loads of fun!

I had chatted to the concierge the night before and he recommended a restaurant across the street for breakfast. Yes - Daisy Duke's!  Breakfast for $5.00 - two eggs, bacon, a fruit cup and two slices of toast. That was a pretty good deal and I was set.

Back to the hotel to finish packing and off in a cab to the airport. When I got to the airport, I ran into a dealer from Canada and shoot - if I would have known we were on the same flight, we could have taken a cab together and saved some money. Oh well.

My suitcase was heavy and I wasn't going to check it, but when we got to the gate and they were asking people to check their suitcases, I decided why not. It was going to be free and would save me from dragging it through Detroit when we changed planes.

I was going to read through some reference material on the plane but decided to read my novel instead. I ended up finishing it just before we hit Toronto. Yeah - one more book finished. I've so many to read and I have to get to the library today to pick up two more that came in while I was away. NO more ordering of books from the library. Not until I get a wee bit of the backlog read!

Checked out the scale this morning - OK - so a wee bit of damage was done, but I was still in my buffer zone so I'm good and I should be back to normal by the end of this coming week. I like having that buffer zone - no need to feel depressed as I haven't hit that target weight yet. I know that doesn't make sense, but in reality, I don't want to hit that target weight - that means I'm going in the wrong direction and we're NOT going there.

I didn't have any issues getting through customs and basically walked out of the airport about 20 minutes after getting off the plane even though I had to wait for my luggage. DH was there (you got to love cell phones for that convenience) to pick me up and we went for dinner - our usual Friday night thing.

Need I say that there were two very happy girls waiting for me when I got back home. Jumping and licking and hugging. Yes - they were very happy. But they are not so happy this morning. It's raining out and I certainly don't want to stand around in the dog park in the rain and I don't need two extremely muddy dogs to contend with. I might sneak a wee walk with them both.

I'm not off to a good start this morning. I had a major issue with one of my sinuses last night. It took several hours to calm the darn thing down. An allergy pill helped a lot, but the darn thing wouldn't drain and that's pretty painful. But all seems to be somewhat better this morning. I wonder why one sinus is much more sensitive than the other one? Hmm - why is that???  Well, I guess I should be thankful that only one of them is hypersensitive - I'd be very unhappy with two painful sinuses. Bottom line, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night! Of course, I checked the internet and there are some tips for getting your sinuses to drain. I should dig out my Neti-Pot but I'm afraid to use it!

And I now have to hit the studio (which is a total disaster) and find the pattern for this morning's class. That should be an interesting task. I just hope that I had my wits about me before I left and it's sitting on the cutting table. Oh - that would be way too logical to have happened.

I have to say that it was nice to get home and put on a long sleeve garment. No more of this short-sleeved sweater business - I want long sleeves. I must make myself a "convention" garment. Something that's warm on the inside and slick on the outside to repel threads. I have a great short sleeved sweater that I love, but it keeps getting thread-covered and the sweater is black.!

Hmm - can I get a garment sewn before Thursday next week? It's the CreativFestival and we're going to be inside in a probably cold environment once again. Make sure you pop out to see me - I'll be in the Husqvarna Viking booth.

I unpacked last night. I swear that half of my suitcase was filled with stuff from the convention. Samples, papers and my four books. I'm surprised that it all fit in there. Well, I'm a good packer, but it was heavy! So I have to deal with all that today as well. Add it to the list!  It's great to be HOME!!!

And now to get myself organized for class. 


Have a great day!!!!

Ciao!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment