Thursday, May 30, 2019

New art work


I'm back home. I had a fabulous time with the quilters in Port Hope. What a quaint little town. I'm not ready to move............yet! I'll share that work with you in a future post. I'm now way behind in posting pictures!

The other day, I had to get myself off to the optometrist for a check-up. It had been two years and I was thinking my prescription had changed. Not changed much, but enough. Turns out that my distance has improved a wee bit, but not enough to change the lens and my close up is still good, but I tried readers and that made a difference. Not enough to bother changes lens. But I'm going to buy a pair of readers as I don't have any issues with reading, but sometimes when I'm appliqueing, I find that I can't see as well as I would like. Part of that could be the lighting, but part of it is my eyes.

Now I can't remember if he said 1.5 or 1.0. I need to check the prescription again. Well, I went to the drug store to find some and they only had 2 pair at the magnification that I need. Both were ugly! Apparently, the strength I need is not popular. Now I'm on the hunt for low magnification readers. But I want funky ones!

While I was at the drug store, I sat down at the blood pressure machine. Oh boy - I knew it was going to be off when it was working VERY slowly. My blood pressure ranges on the very low end of normal. But I think this is a bit too low. But I felt totally fine the entire day!

My blood pressure

I just checked Google. Looks like this is acceptable blood pressure, but I do need to watch it. Too low is not good if not enough oxygen is getting to the organs. I know for a fact that dehydration is the major cause of my problems with low blood pressure. I don't drink enough! I must remember to drink more - every day!!!

We purchased some artwork for our powder room years ago. Matter of fact, it was purchased for our previous house, but it came with us. Years ago, I found some new fun artwork for the powder room. I even had it framed. It's been sitting downstairs for years. Still wrapped in the brown paper. I know - don't ask me why I procrastinate on everything. I think I was hoping that someday we would get that powder room painted. Never happened.

The old artwork is gone. That was several weeks ago when I bundled up a lot of pictures and prints that we had around the house that we were no longer using. All have been donated and now I have my new artwork hanging in the powder room. Nope - it's still not painted, but I can live with that for the moment.



Quilts blowing in the wind

Another piece of artwork

And a third piece


All of them are by the same artist. Andrew Meredith. I met him in Moose Jaw when The Quilt Patch was hosting their outdoor quilt show. He was selling his prints in a booth in the park amidst all the quilts. The bottom piece depicts some of the quilts hanging in the park. Sadly, The Quilt Patch has closed - it was a fabulous store to visit.

Now I get to enjoy those lovely prints every day. I'm sure there are other things around this house that are languishing in some corner. They need to be brought out and enjoyed or given away!!!

When we were at the Windsor Quilt Show (OH - I said that I was finished with mentioning that show but lots of stuff happened at that show), anyway - we saw a sign for a quilter's estate sale. That's the first time that I've heard it mentioned like that, but technically that's what it is.

There's another Quilter's Estate sale coming up in Brighton and it starts TODAY!!!!!  Here's the link on the Facebook page. The family has done an enormous amount of work prepping for this sale. You need to go back through all the posts to see the pictures. I think the very first one has all the pre-cuts in it. TONS of pre-cuts.

This should be a wake-up call for a lot of us. While it's great to go out and buy, we must buy responsibly. That lady had MANY jelly rolls. Like I said - you need to scroll to the very first picture in that discussion on the Facebook page to see all the jelly rolls she had. She had way more than many stores have!

I've been madly quilting on my domestic sewing machine and having a blast! I've now got a few small projects that need finishing. While I have an urgent task to complete this morning and another quilt that's due in the US by the end of next week, I hope to do some puttering in the studio over the next couple of days. And I have a customer quilt that needs to be finished before I put the magazine quilt on the frame.

Don't forget to check out QUILTsocial today. One more day of fun and games with machine quilting and today it's all about working with invisible thread.

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!

4 comments:

  1. That woman had more fabric than some stores I've been in. I feel much better. I need to organize my arty bits and pieces. My fabric stash isn't all that bad, after I see the sale stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it's totally crazy!!! She has way more than I do!!!! That was obscene. I wonder how the sale is going!

      Delete
  2. Elaine, don’t ever rely on a drugstore BP machine. They are notoriously inaccurate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose -- it's not my goto - I do it mostly for fun and it's pretty consistent with me. My doctor says I have no issues! Yeah!

      Delete