Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Studio B update


This is going to be a bit short this morning. I've got a few things left to throw into the car and then I'm off. I've been up for a while as I edited pictures for a week's worth of blogs and I even remembered to upload them to the internet so I can access them at the retreat.

Going on a sewing retreat is my favorite vacation. The way we work it, each person is responsible for one meal. Big deal. Even me - who is the NONE cook is fine with that. It's part of the fun atmosphere and the fact that we can eat when we want, lounge before, during and after the meal is so worth eating at the house instead of going out. The weather is going to be nice that we can eat on the screened-in porch. We can eat on the deck, we can eat in the house. We've learned over the many retreats that everyone has been on that we want SIMPLE. And simple meals are super easy to prepare.

We can get up whenever we want. If we want to sew - we can. If we want to read or ride a bike or hike - we can. Shopping is close by if that's your thing. And if you want to do nothing at all - well that's OK too.

Oh yes - there is NOTHING more relaxing than going to a sewing retreat with a group of great friends. I only booked three retreats this year as we went to Nashville in February. But I'm planning on booking four next year - oops - I think I already did that. So if you've never been to a retreat - I might have openings in that fourth one. There are also only 8 of us so it's quiet and you get to visit with everyone!

I was working on a written document yesterday. Instructions for a project, but it has to meet VERY strict rules. I'm not good with strict rules, but I did manage to get the first part assembled. Now a bit of testing while on the retreat. YES - there is only that small bit of experimenting on the retreat - otherwise - I'm sewing for ME!!!  I have a number of small things with me and I hope to make a dent in the four project bags that I'm toting along. I know I've got delusional doability and I'm OK with that. At least I have options.

Oh - and the good news?? I was determined to find all that missing paperwork. Turns out two of the three items were in fact, in the box that they were supposed to be in. DUH!!!!  And the missing fabric and pattern? Oh yes - I found that as well.

I'm happy to report that the living room (for the most part), the kitchen, the hallway, and the family room have at last been emptied of all things from the basement. What's in the living room is not going back down and will need to be given away or sold. It's mostly decorations.

That feels great to have those spaces back to normal. I also did some changes to Studio U but realized that I didn't take pictures so you'll have to wait until I'm home to see those. The whole time that I'm working, my brain is working to figure out the best way to store/organize things. As I pulled out the "tickets" that are my July projects to work on, I came up with a brilliant plan that will work very well in Studio U. So stay tuned for that next week.

Studio B? Well, as someone mentioned in a comment, it's only going to get worse before it gets better. And that's exactly the case. After some discussion, there is enough flooring to get the small storage room completed. I have to cough up the money for it, but I'm OK with that. So I moved everything from that storage unit (thank goodness for units on wheels). I moved all the flooring to that area and now it's ready for them to come in today and get it done!!!!!  I'm so excited.

And the bookcases are ALL back up!!!  I didn't have a chance to do any unpacking. I'm saving that for when I come back.

The bookcases are up!!


Here's a peek into the empty storage room. Let's just say that those boxes of flooring are heavy!!!


Storage room ready to be finished

I have to confess that I was reading a book yesterday and I wanted to finish it. So it was into the wee hours of the night that I managed to get that done. BUT it's part of a trilogy. A mystery trilogy if you can believe. And there was a cliff hanger at the end of the second book. Seriously????  Great - fortunately I have book number three from the library so guess what? I'm taking that third book with me. This is the Promise Falls Trilogy by Linwood Barclay. A Canadian author. Hmm - after checking those links, I see he has a 1.5 book in the series and then one more after the trilogy. I HATE when they write a novella for part of a series. Many authors do it, but those are very hard to get your hands on. Just checked the library - they have it as an e-book. I'll pick it up at the retreat.

Oh here's a picture of my blue book. This is the book that I keep track of all the ongoing classes. I'm going to dig out the list with the dates. This book doesn't have all the classes in there. But there have been a LOT!!!! I'll share more about that another day as well.

My ongoing project planning book

Whether you like him or hate him, he's on everyone's mind. This is how one woman is coping with her "love" of this person. An interesting way to document it. Check it out - it's actually a great way to use up old textiles.


On that note, I'm out of here.

Have a super day!!!!


Ciao!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the link to the Trump quotes being sewn in projects. Great name for this project, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome!!! I think it's a fun project.

      Delete