Wednesday, July 24, 2019

The photoshoot

Yesterday, my phone wouldn't stop ringing. I can go for days without the phone ringing. People send texts mostly which works for me, but I had a couple of long calls to take yesterday and then it was crazy how many other people called me.

My poor phone even died at one point! So while I did accomplish a lot, I was supposed to be working at the computer. Which I did in between phone calls.

Near the end of the day, I ran to the mailbox. Oh, a big white envelope. That usually means advance copies of a magazine. Sure enough - there was the September/October issue of Quiltmaker. What's in this one??? I have several quilts waiting to be published.

OH - it's the one with the Designer Spotlight and I was one of the designers chosen for that issue. I'm so excited about it. Happy dance!!!!!!

Do you remember back a couple of months ago that I cleaned all the quilts off the railing in my house? Where did they go?? They were used for a photoshoot which of course, I didn't want to tell you. Here are some outtakes from that photoshoot.

This was the original picture of SOME of the quilts hanging out on my upstairs railing.


Quilts hanging out on the railing

I thought I'd fold them all and put them in stacks to use as a backdrop. That was a LOT of folding. My upper body got quite the workout that day.

Then to test the shot. The camera is sitting on a tripod and I'm testing using the self-timer. Gosh - I'm still in my PJs. And yes - there's a helper although she wasn't much of a helper. But she made it fun for the photoshoot!


Test shot

PHEW - that's a lot of quilts. This isn't any of the small ones and NONE of the ones "to be quilted". Those are all mine and mostly ones that I've made. There might be one or two that I've acquired along the way. There's me sitting on my tuffet!

Me with my quilts

Then Miss Murphy said she wanted to be in the picture too. OK - then get in the picture. It's always a challenge with pets and a 10-second timer. Let's just say that Murphy and I had a LOAD of fun as we did this photo shoot. You'll have to buy the magazine to see what photo actually made it in.


Oh, Murph!!!!!

Here's the cover of the magazine. It's the September/October issue of Quiltmaker. It's probably not on the newsstand quick yet, but it'll be out very soon.

September/October issue of Quiltmaker
 There's the title on the page - Designer Spotlight - on ME!!!!!


Designer Spotlight!!!

I was running around with a camera in my hand for a good part of the day and still didn't get a photo of the gingerbread block. That's a story for another day. But I do have a picture of the quilt that I quilted two days ago. It's a panel and needs to have the binding on as it's a gift. Flannel front and back. I found this in my kit collection when Ronda and I went through it. That saved me buying a new one!!!


Baby quilt of mine - quilted!!!!

With all the interruptions yesterday and I had to teach a class last night, I didn't get around to quilting a quilt, but I hope to get that done today. I have a wee bit of some urgent computer/sewing machine work to tidy up today. Ronda's trying to be my assistant and helping me with the deadlines! I'm good - just had one too many days of fun!

I thought I would share this Row by Row video with you. The Row by Row has been going on for several years. I think it's petering out, but there are still shops participating. I stumbled across a collaborative quilt (eight shops got together to make a coordinated quilt top from their blocks) three years ago. It's become a tradition for us to collect the blocks for those collaborative quilts. Check out the video and you'll see. Our trusty navigator, Laura, has made it happen three years in a row. It's quite the day, but we manage to hit all 8 shops in one day. No small feat considering that some of them close at 3 PM on a Saturday.

Don't forget that it's my week for blogging on QUILTsocial. Check out the little wall hanging that I made.

So much more to share - I'm surprised my computer isn't protesting over the number of photos sitting in Photoshop to be edited. So far so good, but I MUST clear that today!!!

OH before I go, I have to share this with you. Elle left a comment on my blog about buying stuff. I think her financial yardstick is AMAZING.

value every purchase in hours of life (the price of an item divided by hours to earn it). A VERY helpful tool in money management.

Isn't that just the BEST financial advice ever????   Thanks, Elle!!!!  You can read the rest of her comment at the end of yesterday's blog.






Have a super day!!!!!

Ciao!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a LOT of quilts. Congratulations on the article. I keep checking the stores but it's not down east yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judi - it'll probably be out next week. I got a precopy in the mail and I should have waited until it was actually on the newsstand.

      Delete