Tuesday, November 19, 2019

It's all about the magazines



I've been truly blessed with the response to my designs in the magazine world. I'm not even sure how many designs have been published and I haven't always had a chance to blog about the where, when and so on.

But this time - here I am! On the COVER. This is the current issue of McCall's Quilting. That's the January/February 2020 issue. It's made with Banyan Batiks - the Baralla collection (pink slate colorway).

My quilt on the cover!


I'm super excited to make the cover. And this quilt is so simple - you could make it in a day. That's my favorite kind of quilt these days. Simple and easy. It's all about using up our stashes!

Speaking of stashes, I read a comment the other day - about why do we need to use up our stashes? The comment alluded to the fact that painters aren't required to use up their paints. I get it! But people - a fabric stash takes up a whole lot of space. It's heavy, it gets dirty and for god's sake - it gets DATED!!!!!  Tubes of paint are timeless. So be a responsible quilter and start to use up some of that stash.

I picked up three more quilts to add to the customer quilting queue, with three more to arrive. I think I'm good until the end of the year! So whatever else comes in, unless I'm totally free, will have to wait until January. That gives me a wee bit of time to do some decluttering, and get a few of my community project quilts done as well as maybe one or two of my own.

We had Monday sewing yesterday and I made good progress on the next block of hand applique. Actually, I finished the applique on a small project. I was so busy running around with iPads, sewing machines, phones, and cameras last night and very early this morning, that I totally forgot to take a picture of my work. It's all about pictures for the blog. You're going to love the blog posts.

I started reading the book from Oprah's book club. Oh boy - a heavy subject and the first chapter was just weird. But I persevered and I think it's going to be a good book. But could not just once, she pick a subject that is not heavy and depressing. This book is about a slave in the south.

Today, I have to write a letter of dissatisfaction. I got my winter tires put on yesterday. When I booked the appointment several weeks ago, I was told it would take about 1 ½ hours for the tires to be changed. I was informed when I arrived that they were running late. My tires are on rims so I would expect it to be more like 1 hour, but OK - I'm good with 1 ½. Well it took 2 hours and 15 minutes. This is the SECOND time. I was furious. I kept my calm and totally expressed my complete dissatisfaction with the service at this dealer. Seriously???  Can they not figure out how to book appointments? They're as bad as doctors  - not my doctor, but other doctors.

On top of it, there was water leaking into the lounge area and for 2 hours and 15 minutes, I heard DRIP, DRIP, DRIP. Very loud and very constant. I was very annoyed. But I'm good today. I had a good sleep and my head is clear and I don't have time to waste being grumpy. But I'm going to write that letter and I'm going to have my tires taken out of storage (I didn't have room in the car to take them yesterday) and move them to another place for future tire changes.

Just another annoyance in life in a first-world country. Seriously!

On that note, I'm out of here. This has to be short because I realized upon waking this morning, that there was a deadline yesterday for a quilt submission. I forgot to send in my design so I had to get that prepped this morning. It's gone. Wish me luck!!!

Have a super day!!!!!


Ciao!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment