Tuesday, August 23, 2022

The to-do list is shortening!

 This will be a short post this morning. If you check the next post, you'll see a VERY long post about my upcoming classes and clubs. There's much information to contemplate before you sign up for a class or a club. Classes and clubs are fantastic, but you must be mindful about signing up. Imagine a club where everyone signed up so they could see what everyone else was doing and didn't want to participate. It would be pretty dead! 

I'm happy to report that the pile of stuff to do is getting smaller, even though one of those items is a clipboard with a lot of paper attached. 

My to-do pile



The list of to-do items is much shorter this morning, so that's a good thing. And all THIRTY blocks for the quilt are sewn together - thanks to the Monday ladies for keeping me entertained. Or I entertained them -- I don't know which. But they will miss my mindless chatter when I'm gone! The quilt looks fantastic!!! I'm so pleased with it, and it will be in a box by tomorrow, and yes -- it will be quilted and bound. 


I completed all the pictures for the final two writing assignments. They are sorted, edited, and ONE draft is done. 

I WILL make it. I hope to get the bulk of all that done today, so tomorrow is a "nothing" day. A day to run around and do some last-minute things that need to be done. One of the four packages arrived yesterday, so I have quick dry undies, and I have a plan B for the other three. My biggest issue is finding someone to feed the girls a couple of times when DH has to be away. My plans for that keep falling through. 

Lexi had to go to the vet, and while she's happy to be in the car, she's a Nervous Nellie. But then, she's a Nervous Nellie anywhere. She cowered in the back window all the way there. I think that retractable leash didn't help as she tried to lay down, and "MOM -- I can't lay down with this big thing in front of me!" Her only issue is that she gained a KG since the last vet visit, which is a no-no. Too many treats, which she doesn't get from me!!


MOM -- get this leash off me!



Then on the way home, I decided to stop for tea and realized I had removed my debit and credit card for packing. OH -- thankfully, I had an envelope of change in the car. WAIT a minute. This is what money looks like? I can't remember the last time I paid for something with cash! 

This is cold hard cash!



That felt wrong, and I apologized (how Canadian) to the fellow at the cash. 


You know -- I just love my groups. It's a great place to ask questions and get answers!!! And if you want to be part of the group, there's a Virtual Retreat this weekend. I won't be attending, but I hope to drop in if I can find Wi-Fi. I'll be posting those links for the next few days, so they are handy for anyone who wants to join. I suspect the usual crowd will be there, and they are always fun to hang around with. 

Here are the links for the weekend. 


Saturday, August 27th   --- starts at 6 PM EST


Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89254233911?pwd=VGQrTnFybW1HMWpleHA4M2Q2NGVwZz09 Meeting ID: 892 5423 3911 Passcode: 982797



Sunday, August 28th - starts at NOON.


Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81693717518?pwd=STNoVVQzbDd4ZnROQndNNlpvcC90QT09 Meeting ID: 816 9371 7518 Passcode: 579285



On that note, I'm out of here. I was up very early and got a lot of e-mail done, I've already had a nap, and now it's time to get the day started!!!


Have a super day!!


Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment