Thursday, February 9, 2023

And now for something NEW!

 Yep -- the blog is late this morning! It was a very late night- sorting stuff and playing Santa! Then I couldn't sleep, so I was late getting up, and based on the weather forecast, I went for my walk as soon as I got up. Good thing I did because when I reached the turnaround point, I felt a few sprinkles, which turned into ice accretion. Do they say that? 

Anyway -- I made my KM for the morning (not for the day, but close), and there was little rain, just those ice pellets. The roads were still in pretty good shape -- not super slippery, so I could make good time. 

I also don't have much to say. It was a work day -- lots of playing around, lots of discussions about upcoming events, and that was about it! A boring day as far as content, but exciting for us, affecting what we're doing for the entire year. Let's see how booked up my schedule is, and we can go from there. 


Here are two pictures from my walk yesterday. The moon was out when I started. 

The moon


And I caught the sun as it made a brief appearance through a slit in the clouds. Then it disappeared until the afternoon when I took a quick walk (several times) around the hotel in my sweater!! 


Sunrise



There will be no moon or sun pictures tomorrow, as we have heavy cloud coverage today. 

I need to make a list (which will be huge) of all the samples and other items that need to be made over the next while. Thankfully, I have two top-of-the-line sewing and embroidery machines (Husqvarna Viking DESIGNER EPIC 2 and PFAFF creative icon 2) and a top-of-the-line serger (Husqvarna Viking AMBER Air S600) to make that happen. And I will become a serger queen! I already feel confident with the serger, which is fantastic. But I still need to get more comfortable. 

But here's the thing about the Husqvarna Viking or the PFAFF top-of-the-line serger. In addition to serging, it does a fantastic cover stitch and is super easy to convert between serging and cover stitch. I didn't even need the manual to make that happen, and I got a beautiful cover stitch! Yep --- who knew that would ever happen from someone who hated using a serger because threading it was a pain. Not anymore!!!


And if you want to see something new (well, new to me), check out this video. It's coming, and notice the logo on the products and keep in mind that SVP -- includes Singer!!! And that's all I'll say for the moment. 

On that note, it's time to get the day started!!!


Have a super day!!!


Ciao!!!!



1 comment:

  1. That extra video is cool. I can see it being popular since the adjustments could be made beforehand, and no paper printing and taping together is required. I can only imagine how many more things are to come.

    ReplyDelete