Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Tidy up time!

I'm making progress. Slow, but at least I'm going forward, so that's all that counts! And we're back to Zoom classes online as an SVP EDucator, and I have two of them today! I have a few things to tweak in my presentations, and I'm good to go! It's exciting to get back to it, but it's only going to be for a couple of months, and then we're supposed to be on the road! 

We had Monday sewing, and catching up with some people we hadn't seen in a while was great. There's always lots of stuff happening. 

What did I get done? Well, there is no sewing going on! I'm trying to get everything put away, which isn't going to happen for a few days. But bit by bit -- it'll get done. 

Here's the mess I'm dealing with. This is the empty table that sits in the Zoom area, and it was covered with the leftovers from my free motion quilting class on the weekend. 

A mess from a free motion quilting class


And now it looks like this. 

Back to normal


The table from which I do most of my Zooms looks like this. There is some stuff on it from my software class last night, but I'll get that tidied up this morning. 

The Zoom table is clear


The ironing board is a disaster. 

The ironing board is a disaster


Most of that got moved or put away yesterday, so only one or two things are left on it. 

One of the sewing tables looks like this. A total mess of stuff left over from before I left and some stuff that got added when I got home, and it all needs to be put away. 

A mess on one of the sewing tables


I take comfort in knowing that NONE of this resides on the table. It's a result of being in a busy work studio, and only some things get put away immediately. But by the end of the week, I plan to have it all organized. 

However, the floor is another matter. This is stuff that I have to deal with. Everything that was in the hallway is now downstairs.




Stuff to be put away

That suitcase is like Pandora's Box. Lots of bits in there, so that's going to take a while to sort out. 



More stuff to put away



I didn't get a picture of the cutting table before or after, but it's pretty clean, as I need the space to work. So I'm in good shape, but there's lots of work. 

I also managed to get that large quilt unpinned from the long arm, and here it is. 

Customer quilt - DONE


It's a beautiful quilt. 


And as I'm working on the tidy-up process, and as things get finished, they get moved to the stairs so I can take them upstairs and put them away if they don't belong in Studio B. 


Things to take upstairs

I got my new medal in the mail from the latest Virtual Challenge - it's part of the Lord of the Rings series. I just got a medal (more on that another day), and I'm not used to getting them so close together as all my previous challenges have been LONG. This one was only 240 KM or something like that, which I ripped through. 

This is the box that the medal came in. 




The box containing my medal


There's the medal. 

The medal


And you can open up the envelope, and there's the ring! If only we could have a ring with powers like this one! Invisibility! Well, that might be a bad thing. 

The ring


But their medals have become elaborate compared to when they first started, which was only a couple of years ago. 

On my mapped route, I'm in the middle of Africa, in Nigeria, and the roads are crazy. One minute I'm on a "road," although I don't think one could really call it that. The next day, I'm on a divided four-lane highway! 


Four lane highway in Nigeria


The road system is all over the place, to be sure! 


Well, there's much to be done today, and I'd better get started. You know when I say that I've already been up and at work in most cases! Thankfully, I go from 0 to 60 in no time, and I don't need to work my way awake -- thank goodness for that! 


Have a super day!!!!


Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment