Saturday, July 27, 2024

Classes for the fall

YES -- it's about time I got myself together to announce the classes for the fall. 

The big news is that I'll teach Spice Market, a pattern by Wendy Williams. I LOVE the quilt, and I might be influenced by the colorway. But I'm going to change up that colorway just a bit!  

Spice Market quilt pattern


This quilt offers many great techniques to learn or perfect, including triangle shapes, circles, log cabins, pineapples, and much more! The pattern includes colored photos with quilting inspiration and close-ups of the blocks. 

Size:84" by 85". 

Fabric Requirements: Requirements are given by block, making it a great quilt to use scraps. You'll need 2¼ yards of the main color for the filler areas and the border. Pick a colorway and curate your scraps! Use solids, prints, or both! 

 Cost: $30 for NINE one-hour Zoom lectures (payable to myself via e-transfer). There's no need to send money now—it's a bit early. 

Pattern: The best place for Canadian shopping is hyggeligt.ca. And look at the pretty packaging the pattern comes in. $48 (includes free shipping)




Dates:  

October 26, 2024
November 23, 2024
December 14, 2024
January 25, 2025
February 22, 2025
March 22, 2025
April 26, 2025
May 24, 2025
June 14, 2025

Time: 9:30 AM EST 


Each class will include show-and-tell, which is the best part. We get to see how others change up their blocks to accommodate their skill and follow along with their colorways and adventures in creating their version of the quilt. 

The Zoom sessions will be recorded, and you'll have up to 30 days to watch. 

If you can't wait until the next session, there will be a Facebook group where you can share your photos and ask questions. 

A copy of the slides will also be made available. 

These online Zoom sessions are an incredible learning experience, and I've received fantastic feedback from previous classes. 


How to sign up: Email me (elainetheriault@gmail.com) and include Spice Market in the subject. Once you send me an email, you'll receive further instructions. Please note that you MUST have a copy of the pattern to participate in the class. 


If you have any questions about the class, send an email, including Spice Market in the subject. I will be able to answer specific questions until early September. Review the information above - I've tried to be very thorough. 

I look forward to a fabulous year working with YOU to make this fantastic quilt. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continuing clubs:

The following clubs will continue until the end of the year. In November, I'll announce what's happening in 2025 for the clubs. 

  • Embroidery 
  • Digital Cutters 
  • UFO x 2 
  • Many Blocks 
  • Out of the Box

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offerings at other stores - if you are interested in what I'm teaching at the following shops, please get on their mailing list so you don't miss the information. All my classes will start in October, with the exception of The Hobby Horse, where the classes start in September. 


The Hobby Horse Quilt Shoppe (Georgetown, Ontario) (in-person and on Zoom)

Thimbles and Things (Orillia, Ontario)  (on Zoom only) 

Stitch by Stitch (Kingston, Ontario) (on Zoom only) - mySewnet Embroidery Software

Needleworks Studio (Cochrane, Ontario) (on Zoom only) - mySewnet Embroidery Software

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I want to thank everyone who took a class or attended one of my lecture/demos. I appreciate all the wonderful feedback and all your support. It's people like you, who make me want to continue to teach. You make my job loads of fun and "coming to work" each day is blessed by your presence! 


Thanks again! 

Have a super day!


Ciao!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment