Monday, July 20, 2015

Quilts at the Creek



Oh my - it would appear that I missed an amazing quilt show at Black Creek Pioneer Village.  I hope that others got a chance to see it.

Thanks to Pat, here is a picture of my quilt that was hanging on the Town Hall building.

My Border Creek Mystery quilt
And thank to Theresa - here is a picture of the building with my quilt and the same quilt made by someone else.

Pat tells me that there was a photographer taking pictures on Saturday and he took down my quilt so he could take a picture of the happy couple.   Duh - he was NOT a quilter I guess.


My quilt hanging on the Town Hall building


Yesterday was a quiet day.  Yes - there is nothing to do on Salt Spring Island!!!!   OK - that is not true. We did head into Ganges to get some groceries. And then back home where we just chatted and I am stitching down binding!!!!   Yep - those girlie John Deere quilts came with me.  

Thanks to Facebook, my second cousin (my aunt's first cousin) knew that I was heading to Salt Spring (he lives on Vancouver Island) so he and his partner, Liz, arranged to come to Salt Spring for a visit.  I haven't seen Neil in years. Actually I think I was still a kid living on the farm!!!!!  But through the wonders of Facebook, we have stayed in touch.


Neil and me


We had a great visit and then they were off to catch the ferry.   When you live on the island and you need to go somewhere - your life is dictated by the ferry schedule.  We did nothing the rest of the day - just visit and it was wonderful!!!!!

Oh my god - we just turned on the news and the reported had a gorgeous scarf with bicycles all over it!!!!   I want that scarf!!!!   No time to grab the camera to take a picture.  OK - I am very obsessed.

But we have an adventure planned for today that will blow your socks off.  I am pretty excited about it. And we are not leaving the island either!


On that mysterious note - I am out of here. I must get some more of this binding on!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Lots of Q@C 2015 photos on Flickr so you can see what you missed.. loved your version of the Pioneer Spirit quilt! https://www.flickr.com/photos/republic_of_me/sets/72157653786561524

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of Q@C 2015 photos on Flickr so you can see what you missed.. loved your version of the Pioneer Spirit quilt! https://www.flickr.com/photos/republic_of_me/sets/72157653786561524

    ReplyDelete