Thursday, October 15, 2015

The circle of life


Yesterday was a good news/bad news day.  First off - Jennifer (our Marketing Manager) had her baby. A beautiful little girl that weighed NINE pounds.  Oh my god!!!! Ouch!  The baby has a full head of hair and certainly does NOT look like a new born.  She is gorgeous. 

On the sad note, I learned of the death of a wonderful lady who used to be part of our Monday Motivator group. Gayle McKenzie - I have so many memories of Gayle, her little beetle car, her bags, her hats and I quilted several quilts for her. She was always chatting about her grand daughter and her son and his wife.  I know she will be missed by a lot of people. 

I am madly working like a bee - not only trying to get quilts done for Market - can you believe that I spent almost an entire day working on putting bindings on by sewing machine.  While it is NOT my favorite thing to do by sewing machine, I feel after this Market, I will probably be pretty efficient at it. For now - I am still learning.  My biggest problem is that I have this massive quilt - 96 by 105 and I am working on my table.  Which I am happy to report is a sewing table endorsed by Leah Day.  Hey - I am up there in the big leagues!!!!  I really can't say enough about that sewing table. It is what sits in my office and I use it every day.  The best investment ever.  I will post a picture tomorrow of the giant quilt and the table. 


Here are some pictures from our show n tell - Amish with A Twist that happened at Sew Sisters this past weekend. The quilts are almost finished - that is the exciting part and I think that most people are up to date so we are going to see some finished tops soon!!!!!!   That full reveal won't take place until December.  Gosh   - that makes me get excited for Market when I get to see all the new stuff coming out.  Hmmmm - I wonder if I will change my mind about some of the projects I have chosen for 2016.   I aim to meet all the designers for stuff that I am going to work on next year. 

Speaking of Market - I'll be on a plane this time next week and I still have so much to do before I leave - bindings, labels and sleeves.  The crates leave tomorrow AM and I have a feeling that we will be packing quilts to take on the plane - there is no way we will get all the work done before tomorrow AM. 


So let's have a look at the show n tell. 

Amish with a Twist II by Nancy Rink


Last three blocks from the kit
A few of the group is using other fabrics than the solid colors used in the original.


Non-solid fabrics

Batiks

More blocks


We had some other fabulous show n tell as well.  This quilt belongs to Genny - it is the mystery quilt from this year from Border Creek station.


Border Creek station mystery

Mary made a table runner from Welcome to the North Pole

Marilyn made this beautiful quilt - pattern from Border Creek Station

Anne made this quilt from a charm pack



Now isn't that gorgeous show n tell.


On that note - I am out of here.


Have a great day!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment