Friday, November 27, 2015

Show n tell - Stitcher's Garden

I had a super relaxing evening last night.  Came home, had dinner and then read my book (and napped a bit) until I finished the book and then it was time for bed. You just need one of those kinds of evenings every once in a while. 

I also went to spin class this morning - something I haven't done on a Friday in a long time.  Even though I was late because I was at the gas station putting air in my tires (that's another whole story), I had a super workout.  YES - I really must get my butt back on that bike.  We are inundated with information all day, every day and it is nice to step back - sit on the bike and just veg out.  Is it summer yet???

Did  try to put a couple more things away from the retreat. While this technically didn't get put away, I thought I would share it with you.  Remember a while back when I was working on striped quilts?  I think I was working on this in PEI this past summer.  Well I didn't have enough of the sashing with me, but had lots more at home.  Now the top and the binding are complete.  Just have to find something for the backing. 



Striped quilt top - DONE
There were only two fabrics used in this quilt top - the stripe and the green sashing.  Hey - did you know my new favourite color is color number 71 from Northcott's ColorWorks collection.   Nope - not orange.

9000-71
Northcott ColorWorks 9000-71


Check out this link to find all the other delicious colors in the ColorWorks collections.    Don't worry - orange is still my number one favourite, but I'm trying to make a quilt out of this 71 because it will be accepted by more people than orange will be.  Don't stare at that square for too long - it does funny things to your eyes!


The other day - gosh - it was last week, I taught a class on the Stitcher's Garden quilt. This is the quilt that I am teaching over 6 months at Brampton Sew n Serge.  If you haven't seen it - there's a cool video of John (one of the owners) on their web site.  Anyway  - we're half way through the class (and should you be interested in taking this hands on class- you better call the store and let them know.  They are in the process of booking classes for the next session.



Stitcher's Garden Quilt by The Stitch Connection

I am not going to remember all the names - so I'm not putting names on the blocks.

Gorgeous blocks - love the frames on those two in the fore front

Good use of decorative stitches

Colors are gorgeous on this one and she used teeny rick rack for her trim on the block on the right!

3-D with yo-yos and love that colorway (Lynette Jensen style)

Brights - glorious brights!!!!

Check out the stitched backgrounds - they are brilliantly done - bottom right is done with a zig zag stitch

Great curved stitched in the bottom right block

More rick rack for trim and these blocks were scanned and done with machine embroidery applique!!!!



The class is bursting with ideas.  They are learning all kinds of techniques with their sewing machine. They are upping the ante and I'm very impressed with the results.  These quilts are going to be stunning.  Rememer - if you would like to make this quilt - call Brampton Sew n Serge. If there is enough response - we'll run another class.

Loretta brought this in for show n tell.  The elephants and the balloons are FLEECE applique - not an easy feat, but she pulled it off brilliantly.   This is so cute - I want one!!!!!

Loretta's baby quilt


Wow wow wow - that is so inspiring.  I just want to sew. Well - I might be able to - I say that every morning when I get to work. Today is the day - I have so much to sew, it's crazy.  Then I get sucked into the internet and pattern designing and writing and well there goes the day.  But no - today will have to be the day because I have a lot of stuff to prep for upcoming events and can't put it off much longer.

It's Friday today and I was also planning on taking pictures at work.  Got my camera in the bag.  When I remove the camera from the bag - I shall leave the bag lying open on the floor so that will trigger me to remember to take the camera home.  Bottom line - the camera has a strap - take it out of the bag and wear that camera!!!!!!

On that note - I'm off to get an early start at work.

Have a super duper day!!!!!   (can't you tell those endorphins from my spin class have kicked in!)


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment