Monday, July 24, 2017

Motivational Monday - progress report


Good morning everyone!  What a super productive weekend. Although the summer is rapidly passing and I'm not getting out on my bike as much as I would like.  The dog park is making a mess of those plans. And having deadlines - hopefully the month of August will be a little quieter.

Oh my --- I have to say that my "keeping me on track tools" are working!  This is going to appear to be so obvious that you'll be shaking your head at me and saying "Why?".   I've had a big problem with focusing on the right projects.  I'm busy - I'll always be busy. I could be sitting in a chair and I'm busy. But am I getting things done when they need to be done without stressing myself to death?  The big answer was NO.

And why was that?  Because I didn't know what needed to be done. Isn't that the most ridiculous thing in the world?  You know how it is - if it isn't written down - it's easy to ignore!

By writing the deadlines for each new project in my little book, I'm able to review them when I write in The Task Master. See what I mean?  Simple?  Yet I wasn't doing that and I was always in trouble. I may still leave things to the last minute, but at least I know what needs to be done and can schedule it accordingly. And I love that the pages in the micro binder can be shuffled around if I need to insert a new deadline.

And on a happy note at this point in time, each of the next two projects are significantly smaller than what I've been working on so that's a good thing.

I did some checking yesterday and I think I might actually get the next two projects completed. They are for me so if they don't get done - no big deal, but I want them to get done. That's incentive.

Here's the thing - remember yesterday when I said - oh it would be nice to have a computer for the long arm? Well what was I thinking?  That time that I spend quilting is my quiet time to contemplate new designs for the next quilt and yesterday was no exception. I've been mulling over a problem for weeks and the answer came to me yesterday while I was quilting. I guess that rules out the computer!  Look at what I gained!

I don't even remember what I did since last Monday, but I do remember what I got done this weekend.

I had that rather large customer quilt that needed to be done - and now it's done and just needs to be trimmed.


Customer quilt - DONE

And here's the other end


Here's another quilt that needed to be done for a customer (a work customer).
Another quilt - DONE
 This is a quilt from the Northcott Artisan Spirit Shimmer Flight of Fancy collection. Comes in three colorways - this one was the most popular.


I trimmed the quilt last night and got half of the binding on.  Finished the other half this morning and made the sleeve. Will sew that sleeve on when I visit with the Monday group this morning. I'll put a label on it at work and it'll be winging its way in a box by the end of the day.

Sleeve is on and ready for hand stitching
 I quilted one more quilt as well, but since that one is destined for a magazine, you'll have to wait to see it. Technically it needs to be at its destination on Friday so I didn't push to get it done. I'll do that tonight and get it out tomorrow.

But even though I know better, did I do the most critical one first?  Oh no - I did the quilt that has a Friday deliver first. Then a customer quilt that can be picked up anytime and lastly I did the one that HAS to leave today. But by doing that, there was no way I could delay on the other two and now all three are done!

I did pop out for a few errands yesterday and to pick this up from Sonia who picked this Row by Row kit up for me on her vacation.   I love this row and it looks awesome. Thanks Sonia!


Row by Row


Well hopefully you're all figuring out how to best work for you in getting your projects done!  Remember it's summer  - normal people don't quilt much in the summer.  Some day!

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!

1 comment: