Thursday, April 25, 2019

Christmas in July!


I'm on a new mission. It's a very personal one, but I hope some of you can help me with it. I've been attending physio and massage appointments for the past couple of months to deal with the whiplash from that stupid fender bender. While I'm still dealing with the pain on the left side of my neck, the masseuse is digging deeper.

My posture sucks!!!!  The masseuse threatened to make me wear a posture belt if I didn't get my act together. So, I'm to be standing in perfect posture at all times. Hinge from the waist, not the neck. Try that at a sewing machine!

However, he's perfectly right in nagging me. If I don't fix my posture now, I'm going to be in bigger trouble as I get older. The acupuncture seemed to help a whole lot with the pain and the muscle knots and now I feel like I have a very stiff neck. Still, a long way to go and I know that some of it can be relieved with the posture issue taken care of.

If you see me slouching in any way shape or form, you are to simply say - Posture! I'll get the message. It's trying to remember to stand up straight - the more I do it, the more I'll remember and at some point, it'll become totally natural. ACK!!

UPS has been very busy at our house lately. This arrived on Monday.

Three boxes arrived on Monday
Nothing to get too excited about. It's just quilts being returned to me. Yep- there were TWO quilts in each box.

Then all this arrived yesterday. The bottom three boxes contained quilts - two per box. I know - what the heck am I going to do with them all???


More quilts arrived home
Some of them had been at the magazine office for quite a while. But still - that's a lot of quilts. I think there might be one more box coming and then except for the recent stuff I've sent (3 - I think), all my quilts have been returned.

But what's in that little box on top?? I hadn't ordered anything from Amazon. I opened it and got a huge chuckle. I'll share it with you tomorrow since I want to figure it out first. It's a thank you for helping someone yesterday.

I drove a friend to her day surgery appointment. Nothing earth-shattering, but it required a couple of days stay and she can't drive. So she sent that little box as a thank you. I think we're going to have a lot of fun with it.

While I had some down time waiting, I decided to hit Lens Mill since there was one not far from the hospital.

What a glorious time I had. It's been a LONG, LONG time since I had the luxury of wandering around with no real deadline while in there. I saw loads of interesting stuff and loads that I would have purchased but not anymore. I did get a shopping cart to make my life easier and I wandered up and down the aisles. Standing straight as I wheeled the cart around!

I did make a few purchases. I'll share a couple with you this morning and the rest will have to wait until tomorrow. I'm behind this morning and I need to get myself moving.

This is a ¼  meter of fabric to put with my Lilla project. I think this will be enough to finish off the blocks. I know - a measly ¼ meter!!!  Don't need more, don't want more. What would I do with the leftovers???


Additional ¼ meter for the Lilla quilt

In all of the shelves at Lens, I saw only ONE bicycle fabric. I don't really need this, but I got a ¼ meter to add to the stash. Yep - just ¼ meter!!!  See how good I'm behaving???


Bicycle fabric


I did get a couple of other things but those will have to wait until tomorrow when I have a wee bit more time.

Yesterday morning before I had to leave the house, I spent some time cleaning up Studio U. There were threads everywhere, bits of stabilizer, fabrics, tools - you name it - it was strewn everywhere. It's now more or less contained where those items belong. I have a box of stuff to bring downstairs to sort into the proper home in Studio B. It felt great to get that done - I was tired of stepping over stuff to get to the iron or the sewing machine or whatever.

Hopefully, the next couple of weeks will move at a wee bit more leisurely pace. Lots to do - especially paperwork which is NOT my favorite thing. If ever I won the lottery, the first thing I would do is hire a secretary or personal assistant. Yep - that would be a priceless asset to me!

And if I had a personal assistant, he or she could take pictures of all my quilts and put them on a web site. Wouldn't that be awesome?? I need to do that. I'm going to have to start somewhere. Might as well be at the beginning.

On that note, I'm out of here.

Have a super day!!!!


Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment