Sunday, April 7, 2019

Event Day


As much as you think you know something, there's always room to learn more. I had an interesting day yesterday. It was an easy drive out to Surrey to visit Castle Sewing Center. M lives close to the highway so it was a snap to get on the way once I got out of the garage! Of course, it's the weekend and there wasn't much traffic. Let's just say that while I appreciate the car I'm driving, it's huge and a wee bit of a pain to park in the visitor parking at M's apartment building. I'm happy to get on the wide open roads!

I got set up and was ready for the day - doing an event on the Premier +2 software. I had lots of samples to show and well, I also have more samples to make and more things to learn to take it beyond the basics. I'm a quick study and I've got the manuals - I should be OK. Perhaps that'll be my reading material on the way home. I would bet that I'll have to read the manual several times before I would consider myself an expert.

Let's just say that teaching has always been the best way to learn. You must stay ahead of the students and the students always ask the tough questions. I was stumped a time or two yesterday so must make sure that I get that fixed for next time.

The afternoon presentation on new things in the market and quilting techniques was fun and even got to see an old friend. That was a nice surprise as I didn't know she was coming. It was also a bit nerve-wracking since she used to be in education for SVP! But it's all in the presentation.

The bottom line? Everyone went home with a bit more knowledge and most importantly, they went home inspired. Some people bought the software or upgraded and a machine or two went out the door. So that was exciting.

The two events today are hands-on and at a different store. This one is downtown Vancouver. I'm sure that I'm going to learn some stuff at those classes as well. Constant learning!

Got back to M's apartment after I packed up my stuff. I was exhausted. Not just because of the time difference, the lack of sleep the night before, but from the day's events. I must confess that I lounged on the sofa for most of the evening and then got into my pj's and went to bed. And you know what? I'm OK with that.

I'm a morning person anyway!

Little Bear was quite happy to entertain us all evening. He's such a cute little dog - well when he has hair. Right now, he's not so cute, but he makes up for that with his personality. I see he ended up sleeping with me last night and likes to cuddle under the blankets. My girls will not be happy to know that.

Time to get the day rolling.

Have a super day!!!


Ciao!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment