Saturday, April 6, 2019

Travel Day Part One

It was a pretty uneventful day yesterday as far as travel days go.

I decided to upgrade my ticket - just because I was frazzled the day I did it - that’s never a good sign, but I did enjoy the solitude as there were only 6 of us in that section. No talkers beside me and well catered all the time. Thank you Air Canada for a wonderful flight. I even watched a movie because there were no talkers to distract me! I hate talkers on the plane. They sit down beside you or near you and chat up the stranger beside them the entire time. I’ve seen people chat from the moment they got on the plane to the moment they got off. Drives me crazy. Take a breath!!!

I even had a guest pass to the lounge so I relaxed there before the flight. Yep - the airport is under construction yet again as they install the new security system for putting your stuff through the X-ray machine. They did it on the international side a while back and now the domestic is going through the same thing. It’s actually a better system I think. But when have you been in an airport that wasn’t under construction??

I will have to do three posts today. It’s early in the morning - three hours time difference. It’s quiet in the apartment - I’m staying with M and I have company on the couch. Little Bear slept with me. He’s so funny and so excited - but he sure looks different when he’s shaved down to just his skin. Poor little guy! I’m also on my iPad since I’m not connected to the internet with the laptop.

So I rented a car. I got a Ford Taurus which is big, but I’ll be fine. Within minutes of entering the car, I had managed to connect my phone with the car. Now how is that?  I’m getting good with this technology stuff. It just takes time. The navigation system in the car is awesome and I’m loving that. I haven’t even figured that out in my own car! Wait - my phone is connected, I just don’t know how to work the navigation system. I need to do that so I don’t have to carry the silly GPS with me anymore. I brought it this time, but I don’t think I will next time. I know - I could use WAYZ on my phone. I must investigate that. And Ronda - stop rollling your eyes!!!!

M has a nice apartment right next to one of the SkyTrain stations so it’s easy for her to get to school on the train. I can see Home Depot here as well which is weird as you never think of Home Depot being in the middle of the city. I don’t know why - it just looks out of place.

No comments:

Post a Comment