Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Dancing in the rain

It was an exciting morning. I was prepping to leave the house to walk Murphy, and I saw the ominous-looking clouds and grabbed an umbrella. Then I checked the weather app, and it didn't look like we'd get rain for at least an hour. So I left the umbrella in the house, and we were off. 

BRRRR!!!!   It was a tad chilly outside. Can you tell me how we went from HOT to cool overnight? I had shorts on but wasn't going back to change. 

I stopped to take this picture of a beautiful tree in bloom. 


Beautiful blossoms on a tree

Then I noticed a few raindrops, but it was still OK. So we kept walking, and then it started to rain and then it started to pour. By this time, we were not close to the house, and well -- there was nothing to do but keep going. While I wasn't exactly dancing, I wasn't upset. It's just water, after all, and it's happened to me on my bike. Nothing you can do but keep going!

The rain was pouring into my eyes, and I had to take my glasses off. We did cut through the forest instead of going the entire distance, but let's just say that we were both soaked to the skin by the time we got back home. 

I don't know who was wetter - Murphy or me?


Bedraggled dog

Bedraggle me



Let's just say that sweatshirts are NOT water repellent! I was soaked and had to change my clothes, and I could have rung water out of them!

And my shoes?? Totally soaked. 

Totally soaked running shoes



What's the easiest way to dry out a pair of running shoes? Newspaper!!!!  I learned that on a bike trip. 

Crumple up the newspaper and shove it as tight as you can into the shoes. I could have rung water out of those shoes yesterday morning. This morning? They are dry as a bone and ready to wear!


Stuffed with newspaper so they can dry


Although hard to see in the photo, it was pouring rain when Murphy and I arrived back at the house. Needless to say, Lexi did not get a walk!

Pouring rain!



LEt's go back to the most recent issue of Threads magazine. 


The recent issue of Threads

They have an article on buying a sewing machine. 


Sewing machine checklist


And I thought this was hilarious. "Determine needs and wants."  Seriously??? It's all about WANTS, not needs!!! With a bit of FOMO (fear of missing out), that's a toxic mix! 


Shoot -- there was the promise of tips on selecting a high-end sewing machine, but I can't find it on the site. I found it, but it's not really on high-end machines, but it's still a good checklist




So when I was at the library the other day, I happened upon this book in the used book sale. So I bought it. Technically, I haven't paid for it yet as I didn't have any money. I think they were just glad to get rid of the book. The person on duty (who knows me) said to bring money the next time I came to the library, so I'll go back with a small donation for the book. Again, the author's books are hard to find in the library. But I'll keep my eye open at used book stores and sales. 



Quilt novel


Do you remember that our library system is no longer charging fines?? Everything gets automatically renewed. What happens if you don't return a book after it can't be renewed anymore? You get blocked, so you can't borrow anything. That's where my account is now as I have a small book that I'm reading and I NEED to finish it today, so I can return it, as there is another book I want. Sigh ---  it's totally my fault, and if they were charging me, I would have returned it by now. 

What's the book? It's about resisting my "favorite" online shop and why. Yikes -- if 50% of what the author writes is accurate, there's a HUGE reason to NOT shop at that place. It's pretty ugly behind the scenes. All is SMILEY and happy, but beneath the surface, it's a whole different story. I have felt this way about that place even without reading the book. It reminds me of 1984 by George Orwell and how Big Brother prevailed. Be careful where and how you shop!!! Every dollar you spend, they gain hundreds in control and power. 


The other day, I was doing something in the kitchen and turned around to see this. 

Lexi is too "delicate" to push the door open wider. Nope -- she'd rather wait until someone does it for her. And I swear Murphy is laughing at her! 



Help! I can't get in!


I got another customer quilt done. I love this one -- so bright and cheery!



Customer quilt - DONE




More stuff happened, but there's no time today to chat about it. I need to put a pair of pants on before I go outside. I just let the girls out, and it's NIPPY. 

While I accomplished stuff yesterday, it wasn't nearly as much as I would have liked. But then I had Monday sewing, and I had a meeting that went on and on. Today, I only have one Zoom session for an hour, and then the day is mine. There is so much that needs to be done. 

On that note, I'm out of here!

Have a super day. Stay warm and dry!

Ciao!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment