Sunday, January 26, 2014

Robbie Burns

Yesterday was Robbie Burns birthday. Since he was born in 1759 - he is isn't around to celebrate any more!

BUT never fear - there are people who love the Robbie Burns tradition, although I don't know too much about it and I don't have time to do some research this morning.

We were invited to a Robbie Burns party last night so we bundled up and off we went. The event was beautifully catered by Patricia (and her staff) who owns cookgourmet.   The presentation was amazing and we had so many unusual things like soup sips (a small glass of soup that you could just drink), many many different little tidbits of food. It was quite delightful!

The only picture I got of the food prep.   I wanted to just watch them instead of visiting!!!!


There was also a HUGE selection of whiskey and scotch - and I noticed in the bathroom, there was a printout on the wall of the various regions for Scotch in Scotland!

Just wonderfully done. Dave and Mo are excellent hosts and have a most beautiful home. Thanks Dave and Mo.


BUT the "highlight" of the evening was the piping in of the haggis.  (I am trying not to gag as I write that!!!)

Seriously???????????     People WANT to eat that?????   


Despite the number of people telling me how good it was, how spicy it was and that it was mostly oatmeal - hey - if I had to choose between Patricia's delicacies from the kitchen or the haggis?  Excuse me - was there even a question involved here?????


Anyway, Mark read the Ode to the Haggis with great gusto and apparently that book he is reading from is a first edition!!!!!


Mark brandishing the knife before he cut open the haggis

Dave (our host - my ex-boss) and Mark


A super evening but I went to bed late, had bizarre dreams (can't imagine what they would have been if I had eaten the haggis) and got up late. Sparky didn't wake me until 7 AM. I have a sit n sew today and I am behind.

I will tell you all about our trip to the Farmer's Market tomorrow.

And CAMERA phones take sucky pictures compared to my big camera. Next time - I take the big camera.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment