Friday, September 15, 2017

Tidy up time!

I had every intention of posting a blog yesterday and then the day was gone and nothing!  ACK - I had better get my act together!

It was a super day yesterday with the FIRST meeting of the year for the Grand River Modern Quilt Guild. I was the coordinator for the evening program and we chatted about Modern Traditionalism. A very exciting topic and I came home super excited about the prospects. Needless to say, I didn't get to sleep for a while as I processed some of the information from the meeting!  I've got a few more projects that I'd like to add to my list! As if I need to do that!

The show and tell was so much fun and a huge part of every meeting! The group is very prolific and talented!!  

Let's pop back to that corner where the "to be quilted" piles reside. I had made good progress, but then got busy and couldn't get back to it.  I managed to get through a couple more tubs this morning. I think I mentioned this before, but when I did the massive clean up and resorting a while back, I also sorted the quilts into categories.  Some tubs have quilts that I want to keep, some tubs have quilts that I will use for trunk shows, some are good for gifts, etc. 

There is a definite method to my madness and my new system (when I put everything back where it belongs) works like a charm. 

So this is what that space looks like this morning. 


To be quilted section
There are sixteen tubs in total and all are sorted and repacked but the last three.  It would appear that number 14 is one that I use a lot - almost everything was out of that tub!

A wider view of the space
And here are the quilts from tub 14.


Tub 14


I have a funny feeling that there are a few quilts that have been added to the "to be quilted" pile since I did the original sort. I've been good about getting my quilts completely done, but if there isn't a deadline, then chances are - the top gets finished but it doesn't get quilted.  I'm going to have to figure out how to make that happen!  I may have to buy another tub!  I don't want to, but I have to keep that area organized. Perhaps I could see my way to quilting a few?  Not going to happen as I have THREE quilts that need to be made and quilted for October 1.  NONE of them are started! Thankfully none are complicated, but I don't even have the fabric for one of them!  Let's not panic here!

I'm pretty excited that this area is almost completely tidied up!  One small corner of my studio space. I may tackle all the "scraps" that were given to me and that reside under the long arm as my next project, but NO - I have another area that desperately needs to be organized. I don't think I'll get to that this weekend, as there's a TON of stuff to be sewn and cut this weekend and I have a meeting and a class.

What I'm going to do in the future to keep this area clean and to avoid having to go through all the tubs again, is when I remove a quilt (s) from a tub, I'm putting a sticky note in my master list book. Then I know which tub was opened, which quilt was removed, and it's easy to put the quilt back.  This isn't really necessary when I only open one tub, but when I do multiple tubs at the same time, it gets complicated.  I should also prioritize those quilts that get pulled the most for trunk shows and get them done!


Came home from work yesterday and there was my shiny clean house!  I so love treating myself to the cleaning lady.  She's the best!

I thought I would share my clean fridge that she did the week before!  Now how is that!

The fridge!!!
Yes - I agree, there isn't a lot of food in there. This is what our fridge looks like on a normal day. DH thinks we live in Europe and should go to the grocery store every day!  I did notice that there seems to be more alcohol in there than food!   And I'm sure there is more stuff in that door that can be tossed, and I'll whittle it down as I see we don't use the items.  Nothing is past the expiry date!  Yep - I think I could get by with a small fridge - I can't imagine having a double wide sub-zero.  What would I put in there?

Next week when she comes, I have another job for her.  Yes - this is FORCING me to clean up, throw away, recycle or whatever and I'm LOVING that!!!  It was also big garbage day in our neighborhood this past week and I had stuff to the curb. Not everything (I realized that night when I got home), but there is a wee bit more space in our garage! I wonder if the cleaning lady will do the garage?

On that note, I'm out of here.

Have a great day!!!!

Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment