Monday, July 16, 2018

Pressed for time

I had a lovely relaxing day yesterday and as a result, I'm short on time this morning as I get a few things done that I was supposed to do yesterday.

Matter of fact, I'm trying to think what I did yesterday morning and I don't remember! I think I was doing some paperwork, but it's a total blank. Not too worry. It was a very relaxed day and I did spend some time outside reading. It was glorious.

But not before I got some work done inside.

I managed to get another quilt quilted. This time it's one of mine. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, but it was a pattern I wrote and you can find the pattern here. It's a very simple pattern, but I like it!


My quilt - DONE!!!!

I've got a couple of things to share about that quilt - the pictures are taken, but there's no time this morning. That'll be for tomorrow.

So here are my links for your today. First off, check out this cute applique. Actually, it's on QUILTsocial and I'm blogging this week. So I've been busy making that happen. Lots of great tips for fusible applique. I'll be posting the links this week.

The second link concerns an issue that I've had for a while. I'm not sure why it hasn't bothered me much in the past, but it's driving me crazy these days. What is it? Stinky dishcloths. The smell just about knocks me over. So I did a bit of research (check out that link above for more info). And I was so relaxed and calm last week, that this is what I did. I actually BOILED all our dishcloths. With vinegar for 15 minutes. That smell was almost as bad as the stinky dishcloths.

Boiling the stinky dishcloths
And then they got hung out to dry.

Drying the dishcloths in the sun

These are brand new dishcloths. The new rule in our house - you MUST rinse the dishcloth after you've used it. You MUST hand it on the tap, NOT on the sink. And you MUST get a clean one every day!

New dishcloths


I know I'm not alone in this but I'm not sure why I haven't noticed it before. They never seemed to smell bad before. Must be - more sensitive nose????

Anyway, that's all there's time for this morning.

Have a great day!!!

Ciao!!!





15 comments:

  1. The FASTEST way to deal with stinky dishcloths is to nuke them. Put the damp cloth in the microwave for 3 minutes. Take the cloth out with tongs! The microwave kills the germs that make the smell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK - so do you put the dishcloth in the microwave when you're finished wiping down the counters? Do you wash it first?? I'm going to try this - It's way faster than boiling.

      Delete
    2. I only nuke mine after wiping counters and kitchen is clean unless I suddenly smell the stink and then I stop and nuke it immediately. I find one minute is enough in my microwave. But water boils in a cup in one minute for me so I base it on that.

      Delete
  2. Hi there, Elaine. I’m wondering if you have seen all the quilts from the Cherrywood Fabrics contest. I have a link to a video that was taken at the Sister’s Quilt Show, and it includes all the Van Gogh mini quilts. They are quite stunning. Here is the link: https://wooliemammoth.blogspot.com/2018/07/sisters-outdoor-quilt-show-2018.html. If the link doesn’t work, the website is Woolie Mammoth blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret - thanks for sharing that link. I have seen some of the quilts. I'll post that link as the quilts are super impressive.

      Delete
  3. I’m with you on the stinky wash cloths. Can’t stand that smell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with putting them in the microwave..soaking wet but I have had this issue on and off for years and have decided it is my dish detergent. I only use Palmolive now and don't seem to have the same issue as with other brands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm - this is an interesting thought as I don't remember having this issue in the past. We're using Dawn at the moment - now I want to run out and get some Palmolive!!!!

      Delete
  5. Any damp cloth left bunched up will eventually start to smell. One of my pet peeves is finding dishcloths or washcloths crumpled up or folded still wet. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH TRixy - how true. DRives me crazy although now that the daughter is gone, this doesn't happen any more. Thank goodness.

      Delete
  6. I always leave my dishcloth over the sink divider, not folded but "seriously" I think Dawn is one of the culprits! I usually just wet the cloth and put in the microwave for one minute when I am finished with kitchen cleanup and only when I notice an odour. I do change cloths twice a week but no issues with 'smell' with Palmolive. Try it and see if it just me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I read the post entirely and couldn’t help thanking you for sharing with us this piece of informative resource. Could you please explain the A Complete Picture Of Arctic Landscape a little more, so I can enhance the knowledgebase of our community website basketjordanofferta. Of course, you can do it in another post! Any effort appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so much pleased to read your article. I just love this post. Here all information seems to be very resourceful and knowledgeable for everyone.

    ReplyDelete