Friday, July 27, 2018

Sit n Sew day


What an exciting day! There were nine of us yesterday and a lot of work got completed. Shoot - I didn't go around and take photos - I should have, but I didn't - too busy, however,  I did get a few pictures.

I'm not sharing anything that I worked on - yet. You'll see it all next week - there's a reason and you'll see why. Let's just say that I had a very busy day of sewing (not my most productive day - but busy). I continued even after the ladies left and I've been up bright and early this morning and making great headway on what needs to be done.

However, I'm at the point now where I need to do a bunch of cutting and trimming before I can move to the next stage. That's on the agenda this morning. Yes - I'm supposed to be doing paperwork, but this cutting/trimming will take priority - yet again! You see why paperwork doesn't get done.

But I've been good with the paperwork more or less. Wouldn't it be nice to have it all up to date so I could really focus on sewing some of my own stuff? It'll happen.

As the last person was leaving yesterday, they said "OK - now you can put all your stuff back on the tables!".  I laughed and said I wasn't going to do that. But I did make some changes and got the room set up for something else. Just a totally decadent use of the space and I'll share that with you tomorrow as I didn't quite get it the way I wanted this morning.

But here's the pictures I snapped from yesterday. This is a quilt that Pat was working on and the top is finished. She did all the embroideries by hand. I know that earlier in the year, she was working on another quilt using more embroidered blocks. In other words, she made TWO quilts - one has red sashing and one has green sashing.

Pat's red-sashed elf quilt




The elf blocks


I found the link to Pat's green-sashing quilt and you can find it here.  Including a link to the designer of the embroidery patterns.

Linda K was working on some blocks from July Shop Hop, Maria was prepping the jelly roll rug, Diane P was stitching down some appliqued rows from Row by Row, Linda W was making a ton of flying geese units, Tish was paper piecing blocks for a Jen Kingwell design and Lynn was sewing blocks from the 100 Modern Block book. Everyone made great progress. They got here early and most left later in the day taking full advantage of the time. It was an awesome day.

I had to take a picture of Diane's quilt. I'm sure you remember this one from the last Sit n Sew. Check out the link below to see something pretty funny about this quilt - not Diane's version but someone else's and it's not mine! But check the date on the post. Anyway, this looks amazing but she had to put it away at this stage because she needed to do some more cutting.



Diane's Circle of Life by Jacqueline de Jonge




OH - I was looking for Pat's second quilt, but I found this instead. No need to read it - just look at the pictures.  It's hilarious because the date is 2013 and there are some familiar pictures in this blog post.

What a totally crazy day! But I love those days. I wasn't as productive as I normally am - I was running up and down the stairs as my phone was ringing and I had people coming and going picking up stuff and of course the two girls to attend to. But I'm fired up and I'm going to get lots done today.

Can't quilt on the long arm - a new motor should arrive next week and then the fun of getting it installed. Can't wait for that excitement, but I'm feeling pretty good about that and I'm my Dad's daughter. My Dad can fix anything - and I can follow instructions. It'll happen. I just hope a new motor solves the problem.

Here's an interesting article to read about the quilting industry. Hmmm - some interesting facts in here.

On that note, I'm out of here. Lots to do - some computer work this morning, pictures to take, projects to sew and I think I'll take a bit of a walk this afternoon. Haven't had time for that lately.

Have a super day!!!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment