Friday, April 21, 2023

Do you hear without listening?

Does anyone listen anymore? I am trying to find a place to report a FAKE Uber driver, and I couldn't find it on their website. And the ONLY way to write to them is to pick an existing ride. Since the ride with the fake driver wasn't in my account, I had to pick a ride. 

Within minutes, I got an apology back, saying they were sorry and refunded my ride fare. NO -- that is NOT what I said, and I even prefaced my comment by saying that this complaint was NOT attached to that ride. 

Sigh.......................   Or do they get so many complaints that they no longer read them - they just process a refund? Or is that Artificial Intelligence (a computer program) that refunds every complaint that comes in? 

How many times do you make a comment on Facebook, and people offer all kinds of suggestions. I did NOT ask or want a suggestion -- I was simply commenting about my experience. I sometimes even PREFACE the comment with -- "I do NOT need suggestions," and I still get suggestions. People are so "happy" to help -- if I want help or a solution -- I'll ask!!!!! I have zero issues with people sending me a valid suggestion, if appropriate -- I LOVE all the help I can get. Facebook is so bad for people spewing out suggestions when none was asked for! 

Let's face it --- people do NOT read and COMPREHEND what they have read, nor do they listen to what others say. It's like the line from Sounds of Silence --- "people hearing without listening!" 


But that doesn't apply to YOU -- my readers! I LOVE all the comments you write and the e-mails from you. You guys get it -- but those Facebook followers? Oh boy! 


Anyway --- let's see what happens. I feel bad as that Uber driver to whom I attached my complaint was a nice guy! 

So there is still a lot of paperwork to do, but I feel so much more under control that some of it is getting done! Invoices need to be written up - some are done, more to write. E-mails that need to be responded to or created! There's lots of admin stuff, and it's definitely not my strong point. 

However, with the bit I managed to get done in the last couple of days, I feel way more in control and relaxed about it, which is good. 

Oh, I got another customer quilt done. Another Long Time Gone quilt by Jen Kingwell bites the dust! It quilted up beautifully, and all the quilts are trimmed! That in itself keeps me busy! 


Customer quilt - DONE

Now for those pouches!!! 

This is the first one. It is a pouch for runners, and it's made of neoprene, so the entire pouch is stretchy. There is a wide elastic belt and a large clip, which does up in the back. 


Runner's pouch

On one side of the big pocket is a small pocket with a cover that is velcroed in place. Nothing in there should go missing. 


Velcro closure on a small pocket


On the other side is a pocket with NO cover, but there is a ring on a loop, so you could attach a key or something there. 


Another pocket with a ring and a loop


Inside are additional open pockets if you want help to keep things sorted. If only that pocket has a zipper on it! Or maybe I could put a thin strip of velcro on it. 

Two inside pockets



I purchased it from that online store, but I imagine you can also find it in a running store. 

What do I like about this pouch? 

It's stretchy, so if your phone is large, it fits nicely into the pouch. The big clip is sturdy. And I love the stretch belt, so it's easy to do up in front and then turn it so the pouch is on the small of your back. It's slim and fits easily under a shirt, especially if you want it in the back. None of us need more "pouch" in the front! 

My phone (in its case) is 6" by 3" by 1/2," and it fits nicely in there. There is not much room for much else, although, for my hike, I could put my passport in there with my phone, credit card, and a wee bit of cash. 

I LOVE this pouch, and I wear it in the back as with the cell phone in there -- it's quite rigid on your stomach. I would also wear it in the back under my shirt for safety when traveling. 



This is the other pouch. And I believe this one came from CAA. It's pretty much the same size as the other one, but the material for the pouch and the strap are NOT stretchy at all. And the buckle is smaller. While I like this pouch, I've always felt it more "delicate." Do not ask me why. 


A traveler pouch


It is made with RFID material if that is important to you when traveling. 

RFID material

It has two zippered pockets, which is nice as you can put your phone and passport in one pocket and money in the other. 

Two zippered pouches


There is a separator in the middle inside the main pocket. 

A divider in the center

And it buckles on the front near the pockets, and the other buckles in the back. 


Buckles on the side





So I like this one as well, and it's a bit more dressy looking if a fanny pack can be dressy! I put my phone and passport in that big pocket, which was a tight squeeze, and I always felt I would break that zipper whenever I took out my phone to take a picture.  

I liked the separate zippered pockets, which allowed me to only pull out cash when I wanted it and no danger of pulling something else. 


I guess in an ideal world, I would want some features of each! 


  • Stretch fabric - neoprene! 
  • Stretchy, wide waist strap
  • Substantial buckle
  • THREE zippered pockets -- I don't need any smaller pockets -- one for a phone, one for a passport and credit card, and one for cash, and it could be a separate zippered pouch inside the bigger one.
  • Buckle in the back



And so -- I guess I'm off to find some neoprene fabric to make my own!!!!

I will look at it and see how to engineer it with two more zippers or add a closure to that inner pocket. The key is that it NEEDS to be flat to fit along the small of my back! Or even on my front --- it needs to be SLIM!! There is NO room for glasses or anything 3-D. The phone is the maximum thickness; if it wasn't in a case, I'd have more room, but I dare not take mine out of the case since I'm very hard on things. 

OK -- so that's way more information than you ever wanted about pouches!!! But they are AMAZING for travel or for walking around the neighborhood. I haven't used a purse in years -- I've never been a big fan of purses, but these little pouches are now my go-to!! 

Have a super day!! Loads more to share tomorrow, but not enough time!

Ciao!!!!














2 comments:

  1. Love the quilting pattern you chose for my quilt. Thank you so much for your talents!
    Maryke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long Time Gone is fabulous!

    It is so hard to conduct business communication with virtual companies! And filing complaints is next to impossible. I had that big store deliver an incorrect order quantity-I was shorted a $36 item. I filed a complaint. I was reshipped the order and told to return the first. Well, when they didn't get 3 back, they didn't credit me for the missing item. No amount of "texting" them via messaging resolved the issue. I already didn't like them and this made it worse.

    I understand from a frequent Uber user that one can request a specific driver. Food for thought on your next ride.

    Happy FRIDAY ya'll!

    ReplyDelete