Thursday, April 6, 2023

Take One!

I'm excited that I'm on my way home today, and my event for tomorrow got moved, so I, in fact, have an entire day off on Friday! However, I have to prep for three classes on the weekend, including one on Saturday, which I had forgotten to put in my calendar. But the critical thing here is that I won't have the same amount of pressure I've had for the last couple of weeks. I can actually take a few minutes off and relax - hopefully in the gazebo!

However, the pressure of prepping for this event was well worth all the hassle, as I was told I was extremely well prepared! And that makes me a very happy camper!

So what was the big event of the day? 

I was picked up at 7:15 and off to a place where I've sent many quilts. 

Golden Peak Media


This is the home of Golden Peak Media -- the people that publish Quiltmaker, McCalls Quilting, Fons and Porter - Love of Quilting, Quilting Arts, Fons, and Porter Quick & Easy Quilts. They also publish Creative Machine Embroidery and Sew News. They have others, but these are the ones that I'm most familiar with. 

I haven't submitted anything recently because of my schedule, and I promised to get back to it! I have a few ideas in my head and need to sit down and do some research. So -- if there is any topic or quilt style that you'd love to see in a magazine, let me know. I got the contacts and the talent, so who knows where we can take it!

So did this have something to do with a magazine? Not exactly, as they are also the creator of the Fon's and Porter Love of Quilting TV series, which appears on PBS. I had the opportunity to be a guest on the show, and how could I turn that down? The timing could not have been worse, but I couldn't let the opportunity slip away. 


The day started with make-up and checking the wardrobe. I know -- me with make-up. 

Make-up


Thanks to my recent haircut, they didn't need to do much. It's a pretty basic cut; not much can be done, but it still looks great. I remember the days when I hated my hair, but no longer. I LOVE it, and the lady who cut my hair called it SILVER. It's not quite silver, but it's getting there! 


The day was a whirlwind -- how to take the elements I had prepared and put them into a sequence that made sense. I learned many things, and it was loads of fun, even if it was a lot of work. The prep almost killed me! Since I'm always into learning new things, this was right up my alley. Could I dare ask them to invite me back? (I did - I couldn't help myself!) I know so much now - the next time would be much easier! And the entire crew was so sweet and patient! 

Here's a shot of me behind the scenes, and that's all I'm sharing with you. You'll have to wait until the show airs to see more. Sara was the host and is good at keeping her guests on track! I LOVE the overhead camera!


Behind the scenes

What I had NOT planned on was leaving some stuff behind. DRAT --- that means I have ROOM in my suitcase, I could have bought more books, and there was no time to return to the Museum. OK -- they have to invite me back! 

When I returned to the hotel, I was wiped, so I did something I hadn't done in a long time. I just lay down, didn't nap, read, or just relaxed. Wow! That's what it feels like, and I could get used to that! 

I finally decided to stop being a couch potato and went and got something to eat. I did NOT go for a walk. I was too tired, and I find the air very cool here, even though the temperature is not cold. Why is that? It must be the mountain air - the same as I saw in Calgary. People are walking around in shorts and short sleeves, and I have my jacket on, and I'm cold. OH -- I know why -- I need a scarf! When my neck is cold - I'm cold!

But here's a better picture of the mountains. The Rockies are around here but not visible from here! Colorado makes me think of John Denver, who I had a crush on when I was younger, and I loved his music - still do. So tragic when he died. Gosh -- he died in 1997! 


The Colorado Rockies


Here's my walking status -- I'm a little behind, but I still have 19 days, so I should be able to make up the distance and finish on time. 

My Virtual Challenge

My calendar is quite open for the next three weeks, so I'll have loads of time with only two car trips (one day each) and four or five Zoom calls on the weekends. And hopefully, the weather is going to be much warmer as well. 

I do NOT have a geocaching badge from Colorado, so I need to get my butt out and get one. There are two very close to the hotel, and no excuses -- I must find them before I catch my ride to the airport. 

Travel days are always long, and with the time change NOT in my favor, it'll be late afternoon when I get home. I'm Ok with that. I'll just chill! You have to love all the apps for travel. I've checked in and did my border stuff while lounging in bed this morning! I'm good to go!


Have a super day!!!


Ciao!!!


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you on the show!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun 🤩 enjoy!

    ReplyDelete