Thursday, April 13, 2023

It's a beautiful day!

OK -- so I've already done several things this morning that I haven't done in a long time. First, I had a relatively late night and NO nap during the day, so I slept in. That was until I heard naughty Lexi, who spent the night outside, barking! That dog never barks! It must have been something very important. 

After scolding her, I left her outside. Only to hear her barking again but in a different corner of the yard. I captured her and brought her in. She is NOT happy. Murphy went ballistic in the house, so if anyone was sleeping, they aren't any longer

The second thing is I started a blog post and then decided I didn't have time to do that topic justice, so I left it as a draft. I'll finish writing it tomorrow when I have more time. 

Last night, I presented my Scrap Quilt trunk show to the Grand Quilt Guild. Yes, - I managed to get everything packed for that show and in the car in the afternoon. 

Suitcases packed for a trunk show


It was a pleasant drive to get there, and the temperature is amazing. They host a hybrid-style (Zoom and in-person) meeting, which I had never experienced. I had heard horror stories about these, so I had no idea what to expect. 

First, the guild members were so helpful and nice, and a few faces that I haven't seen in a long time! And one lady brought in a quilt that she had started in a class with me, and the quilt was done. 

Completed quilt by a student


This is the Schoolgirl Sampler quilt which, funny enough, I just quilted the other day for someone who was also in that class. 

Anyway -- I have to say that this group has the hybrid thing down pat! It worked like a charm, and we could see the people at home, and they could see me and my quilts and anything else that happened in the room. It's a little tricky to get everyone to use the microphone so the people on Zoom can hear everything, but I was super impressed. Way to go, Grand Quilt Guild, and if anyone is struggling with the technology -- give them a call! 

And a HUGE thank you to the guild for allowing me to bring my stories to them. 

I have to laugh because I had ALL the technology that they used, so technically, I could make it work if I wanted to do something like that, which I don't! 

The drive home was equally pleasant, and I fell into bed. 


Yesterday morning, I spotted the first daffodil - the first of many, I'm sure, but spring is here. Or perhaps spring just bypassed, and we are into summer? Although I see from the forecast that next week will be cooler, which is good. It's too early to have super hot weather. 

One daffodil

See those two red marks on my middle finger. Where did those come from? That would be Murphy. When we were out for a walk, she decided that the half-eaten bagel on the side of the path was for her. I didn't see it in time to prevent her from picking it up, but once I realized it, I stopped and pried it out of her mouth. She does not need extra food, and you never know what's in the crap along the path. 



My throbbing hand


Let's say that she was NOT happy and was trying very hard to eat the bagel while my hand was in her mouth. I felt those teeth clamp down hard, and it hurt, but I was NOT giving in. And soon, the bagel was tossed aside, and Murphy was happily on her way again. Meanwhile, my hand was throbbing. She didn't break the skin, and there doesn't seem to be a bruise, so I'll live. 

I've been bitten on the hand by a dog before (poor sweet Sammy and it was my fault entirely!), and it's extremely painful - I got off lucky!

All the mounds of snow are fast disappearing. There are just a couple of sad-looking piles in the mall parking lot. 

Not much snow left



I did something naughty -- I did not finish my three goals for the day, so that means I'll have to do them today, but I don't think I have time as I need to find a few more samples and finish off the presentation for my two events at Hamilton Sewing. Those events are today, and I need to unpack one of the suitcases and pack it up again. So there's very little time to get that done. 

And what was I doing during the day? I could NOT help myself --- the gazebo was calling, and I was out there for quite a while. There was a gentle breeze, the wind chimes were tingling, and it was absolutely too nice to be inside! 


The view from the gazebo



There will be a bit of cleanup to happen in the yard, and we'll call our guy to make that happen. Yes -- we could do that ourselves, but for the cost of him doing it, why would I want to? I don't mind the work, but I'd rather sit in the gazebo! For the most part, our backyard is very maintenance-free, and I like it that way. The pond people are coming to open that up next week, so the sound of water will be added to the mix. I may have to start sewing out there! 

And yes, my trusty companion was with me. 


MOM --- just hanging out



You can't see it in that picture of the backyard, but I have a lot of eclectic art along the fence, and I love looking at it. Well, I've decided that we need something else for the backyard, and I will order it tomorrow! You have to wait - I'm so excited about it!

Gosh -- it makes me upset when I look out my window -- I used to use those cedars as a wind gauge, although I can still see trees out the window. And this would be the time the birds were building nests, and I won't see any of that this year. I should have stopped him! 

I had to laugh at the spin class. I moved to the opposite of the room (GASP -- no one moves) to get away from a couple of people on the side where I usually park my butt. Then a guy shows up that we haven't seen in a long time -- he's relatively young. Oh my gosh -- he was so NOISY -- grunting and groaning on the bike. And so vocal! I HATE that in a class!!!

So when he gets off his bike, he makes a HUGE deal about how hard it was, and blah, blah, blah! Then he asks the room at large, "How do I handle all the work?" I shot back --- you PACE yourself. I wanted to add - "you idiot!" but I held my tongue. 

What bugs me is that it's all for show. "Look at me -- I worked so hard," yeah -- well the rest of us work just as hard, but we're smart about how we work. And when he was done, he took a selfie while he was still on the bike. And then, because he's friends with some of the others, he took a picture with Joseph (the instructor) and a couple of others. He was laying on the floor and making a huge demonstration of how exhausted he was. Good grief ---- are we, adults or children? 

Don't get me wrong -- I like to have fun just like the next person, but I don't like to draw attention to myself, and I don't like making an idiot of myself, and I certainly will NEVER put myself out there as an idiot -- at least I hope I don't!

Well, it's time to get the day rolling -- time is short this morning, and lots to do!

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!!!




3 comments:

  1. Some people live for attention and kudos. The rest of us are in it for ourselves and our own goals. I tend to 110% ignore anyone screaming for attention although I might have looked at him and said "seriously?" and then walked out. Toddlers will be toddlers 🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was doing it it for the 'gram lol. Guess he needed some views so he decided your class was the place to get them. Lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully your hand is all better! Your gazebo and yard sounds so nice 🤗

    ReplyDelete