Monday, April 17, 2023

Peace in the backyard

After the UFO clubs yesterday morning, I did NOTHING for the rest of the day, and while a slight tinge of guilt hit me a couple of times, I didn't care! I needed that break because I have lots to do this week, and it was just nice to sit in the gazebo and do nothing. 

OK - so I've sat out there a wee bit these last few days because the weather was so nice! I couldn't help myself. But today, I'm back to work. 

However, it wasn't all about just sitting -- I was learning at the same time, so whether I was reading or watching educational videos, I was trying to make some good use of my time. 

Having a snack, watching an educational video, and relaxing! 


Remember all my running around to buy stuff last minute for my Camino? Well, I discovered these cell phone pouches and this particular one is for runners. I love it; when I walk, I can put my phone in the pouch, and there's room for poop bags, and I'm off! I like this small, flat pouch, as I can shove a credit card in there, hide it under a T-shirt, and go shopping or whatever! It's my go-to pouch for walking in the neighborhood. I want to get a couple of things for this year, but more on another day. 

My walking pouch


The peace in the backyard is only broken by Murphy and her ball. That dog is obsessed. DH left a big juicy steak bone on the counter all night, and neither dog touched it. Yet, when I put her ball on the BBQ to prevent her from playing with it -- she reached up and grabbed it. Is this dog normal? 

I was on a Zoom call on Saturday when she plopped beside me with the ball! 


MOM -- when you're ready -- let's play ball!

And if we are outside, she is relentless with the darn thing. She will sit and watch me, or she will sit and bark if the ball is in the pond. That watching thing is rather creepy! You can see the intellect in her eyes and the way she watches. She knows what she wants and how to get your attention!


MOM -- I'm watching you! 


Her ultimate goal is to get me to throw the ball into the bushes behind the pond, as she loves trying to find it. 

MOM -- I'll find the ball - give me a minute



She has quite a network of paths under those bushes. 

MOM -- I see it! 


And should I ignore her, she is happy to lie by the pond. 


MOM -- just taking a wee break



Until -- oops.....................



Oh oh! How did that happen?



Until it's time to call in the professionals. 

MOM -- a bit of help!



She is so persistent and focused. She will NOT let up. I had to hide the ball from her to finally get some peace and quiet yesterday. I felt bad, but I am NOT there to constantly play with her! She thinks I am, and meanwhile, Lexi is off in her own little world - probably on the sofa!


But everything is growing fast with the warm weather, even the lilies in the pond. Some of them have already reached the surface. The crew is coming to open the pond this week, so that will be good. 


The lilies are already reaching the water's surface




I've been sleeping with the windows open, and there is nothing nicer than the slight tinkle of that wind chime. I LOVE it!

I had the intention of doing THREE quilt challenges this year. OH -- the deadline for the first one is April 30, so I spent some time designing it last night, and I hope to complete a good part of it this week. Then I need to look at the deadlines of the other two and see if I can work at least one or both in the schedule. There's nothing like leaving this stuff to the last minute! 

And the mound of paperwork on the floor by my desk is obscene. I plan to tackle some of that this morning, and then it's back to the long arm this week! 

I'm off to spin class this morning and then back for Monday sewing. 

Have a super day!

Ciao!!!














2 comments:

  1. I love that phone/wallet pouch! Exactly what I want for our coming trip to Ireland! May I ask where you found it?
    Maryke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, where did you find the pouch? Again, I love your backyard! Is the pond too deep for Murphy to step in ? Maybe a pool net on a long pole while you sit in the gazebo? She’s so sweet 🥰

    ReplyDelete