Saturday, April 15, 2023

Quilt Show alert!

OH, GOSH  - There are quilt shows this weekend, and I haven't had time to think about them. But there's the Region of York show today and tomorrow!!!! Here's the link to their website. I don't know if I can sneak that in because of my classes, but maybe tomorrow? 

There's also a quilt show in Cornwall. The first day was yesterday, and it ends TODAY

I have three Zoom classes today and am happy to say that all three presentations are ready! Just made that deadline in the nick of time! The homework for one class still needs to be completed, but it's as done as it needs to be!

I had lots to prep yesterday and had an excellent Zoom session with a store about sergers, particularly the cover stitch! Yes --- this is fast becoming one of my favorite machines, and I'm tempted to go to my upcoming sewing retreat and ONLY take a serger. GASP!! We'll see how it goes -- I may take a sewing machine because, while many things can be done on a serger, not all that needs to be done can be. 

Yes --- in 16 days, I'm off to another quilt retreat. And this time, there is absolutely NOTHING work related scheduled during the retreat. I can go and sit and do absolutely nothing, prepare nothing - just veg out. While I'll be a busy bee, it's nice knowing there will be no work interruptions. 

We had our remedial Jen Kingwell last night (I had to prep for that, too), and I don't have time to chat about it this morning, but I'll share what's been happening! So much exciting stuff going on! 


OK -- raise your hand if you own (or owned) this book. It's The Vogue Sewing Book, and it was my bible for sewing when I was learning MANY years ago. There's so much valuable information in there. I mean - how many ways are there to sew on a button? And interfacing is interfacing! 

The Vogue Sewing Book



So -- I have a LOT of reading to catch up on, and I need to locate my sergers books. I have put some of them in a safe place for reading, and do I know where they are? Nope -- as a matter of fact, I bought a very good one last year, and I haven't had a chance to read it, and it went to a very safe place because I haven't seen it since the day I bought it! It's time to have a concerted effort to locate it. 

But the state of my house is - well, a lot of tidying needs to happen after those last couple of days. 


The kitchen table is a disaster

And those darn suitcases need to be unpacked AGAIN! 


The suitcases that need to be unpacked - AGAIN!


After the Zoom ended at 2 PM, I decided to go and sit in the gazebo. I usually walk first, but I thought it might be too hot. Within seconds, guess who was outside. The "good" dog, Lexi, was lying peacefully on the deck. Murphy, the "not-so-good" dog, immediately grabbed a ball and threw it in the pond. 


MOM -- that darn ball jumped in the pond


Then she sat and looked at or barked at me until I caved! 

MOM -- a little help here! 


But before I got up, I let her struggle a bit, so she could try to figure out how to get it out of the pond. She tested those logs repeatedly to see if she could step on them, and nope - that wouldn't work! 

MOM -- I need a longer nose! 


I might try putting a string on the ball to help her retrieve it? I doubt that will work because she would prefer I get out of my comfy chair and help her. Meanwhile, Lexi just sits and watches, and I can only imagine what is going through her head! 


I did get out of the chair and walked to the grocery store. I have ten days in which to finish my Virtual Challenge. Usually, I'm way ahead, but this time, it will be tight to make it happen. It WILL happen -- it'll just be tight. And with all the stuff going on in the last couple of weeks, some days it's been hard to get 14 KM in -- I can get 12 KM, but I'll make it up now that things have settled down. 

I have two Zoom tomorrow (and yes -- I haven't done my homework yet), so I'll do that later today, but I'm on track! This coming week will be cooler and quieter, so I can easily make up the distances. 

And I love this weather, but it ends tomorrow evening. Then we are back to normal, cooler temperatures. It doesn't matter -- life goes on despite the weather, but enjoying the hot days has been fun. 


On that note, I'm out of here -- the girls are anxiously waiting for their walk!


Have a great day!


Ciao!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment