Saturday, June 2, 2012

Friends......................



Time for some more reveal and behind the scenes stories!!!

In the fall, our community projects team for one of the guilds announced a challenge!  I love a challenge. You heard about it - we got a jelly roll and were to make a quilt out of it. Well I took TWO. Initially I took one for Marian, but then I thought - "she is NEVER going to make anything so I won't even ask". I just found a second pattern and made TWO quilts. 

Remember me lamenting last month about getting them done. I think there were 24 rolls in total and GUESS WHAT - the guild got back 24 quilts. How is that for return!!!!!    They were amazing..................


OOOOPS - A 24 HOUR interruption!!!!    I'm back.....................



OK - so here are the TWENTY FOUR quilts that were made from jelly rolls for the guild. 




























Pretty impressive all of them. A couple of them also had a pillow sham. So I made two - can you guess which ones are mine??????


I'll give you a hint - 543 BLOCKS.  


Did you guess?????   




OK - here goes.......................


Purple/green one - I added a bit of fabric from my stash and had to make a trip to Ruti's when I ran out!!!!   Just needs the binding sewn on

And this one - well it took a bit of time, but I was VERY HAPPY with the results. Also ran out of fabric on this one - can you see where???????   Just grabbed something that matched close from my stash. 

Very simple quilting - straight lines. It also needs the binding sewn on



And now to get some other stuff done............


Another customer quilt DONE!!!!!

I ordered some fabric from eQuilter.com a week or so ago. It arrived this past week and I laughed when I got the package. They must have SAT on this envelope to get it closed. 


Both ends were SPLIT wide open

It must have POPPED when they dropped it or something.




However there was so much stuff in the package - there was NO WAY it was going to come out. I had to pull pretty hard to get it out. And how much was in the package - EIGHT yards and a pattern. And $12.50 shipping. Remember that when you order - watch the quantity - otherwise they put it in ONE big envelope which costs a LOT - sometimes TWO smaller envelopes is cheaper.


So did you figure out which of the challenges (that I posted a couple of days ago) was mine??????    That would have been Number TWO - Out on a Limb. My first thought was to do a wall hanging with a little owl by himself - out on a tree limb. They are EVERY WHERE these days - patterns for that. Then Marian and I had a chat about it - several months ago. We (make that "I") could make a 3-D owl and he could sit on a real tree branch. Nope that won't work, how about an arm (a limb?). Hmmmmm can we find a mannequin arm?????   Search the internet - nope. How about a REAL MANNEQUIN???????    OK - we find one - nope - gone.


I keep searching and guess what!!!!   Yup - I found a mannequin for sale. I buy it and then we had to go to Niagara Falls to pick her up!!!!!!    What a HOOT!!!!!   (ooooops - a pun)





Meet Manni Quin!!!!!!!!!!



Before I had got her home, a friend asked me if I knew anyone who had a mannequin. What were the chances of that happening??????   Anyway Manni Quinn had her debut at a 50th wedding anniversary party and she was the BRIDE!!!!!!!    And I got a wig for Manni in return for her being a star. Everyone apparently got their picture taken with her!!!!

Now she sits in my studio and (wearing M's dress which M wants back) and she keeps scaring the heck out of ME!!!!!   I am pretty used to her now, but at the beginning - I kept thinking there was a real person there. Kaylee went BIZERK when she saw Manni. Wouldn't stop barking. It was pretty funny. 



Well - I braved the weather this morning. Did 52 KM on my bike despite the WIND. Crap - thought I was going to wake up in Kansas a couple of times. A bit of rain, but not much. 

Now I'm back - had a shower, something to eat, dressed in toasty warm clothes, and FEELING AWESOME. if you don't believe that adrenalin thing - well you haven't pushed yourself 52 K through crappy weather. My legs are STRONG STRONG STRONG. I did a pretty good pace and quite happy with the whole ride. Now in case you think I am Lance - NOT EVEN CLOSE. When I say STRONG - I am still a weakling compared to most of the people I see as they BLAZE past me. But compared to last year - I am MUCH BETTER. 

On that note - I am off to spend the entire rest of the day by MYSELF in my studio. I have errands - they can wait, DH is playing golf and when he gets home - will have a nap, M is away for the weekend, I have gardening - it can wait. 


Oh yes - spent another day with Elaine S and her sister Sharon yesterday. I worked on one of my 12 for (20) 12 projects. An embroidery project. I will show you tomorrow. I got a block done that I started YEARS ago. I am so HAPPY.  Yes - there is a light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!!

Just don't let me talk to anyone today so I can't make commitments about anything!!!!!!



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment