Monday, June 18, 2012

The Kitchen Part I



I am still working on the test - more details to follow on that.

After reading part of STUFF, by Randy O. Frost, I got this urge to purge and I started with the kitchen. Now I am fortunate in that I have a fair sized kitchen and not a lot of stuff and I think I had already hit the top shelves once before. But I thought it wouldn't take long to go through the shelves - get rid of what I don't want and then sort what is left. And I was right - it didn't take long at all.

What I DO NOT want (no you can't have my knives that are in the background!!!)


The food from the cabinets that needs to be sorted. And wait a minute!!!!!!    What is this tucked in the back of the cupboard??????????????????
When I confronted the culprit - SHE claimed that this was a good hiding place (has been there over a year tucked in the back around the corner). Why not throw it in the garbage???????   


Great - my kid is now a lying drunk!!!!!   Well we all did it - but I didn't hide the evidence in the kitchen cupboards. She has a WHOLE LOT of learning to do!!!!!


But once all that was out and sorted, I put everything back (after cleaning the shelves that needed it) and this is what the upper cabinets look like.....................


Mixing bowls

Must get DH to weed out what wine glasses he doesn't want.  I did NOT touch those. 

Storage containers

Very eclectic mix of dishes!!!

Baking supplies (just in case)

More food - hmmmmm - lots of pasta!!!!!

Glasses - VERY eclectic here and I REFUSE to buy any new ones until my kid is GONE!!!!

More eclectic dishes!!!!


And there you have it - the food we didn't want was sorted for the garbage or the food bank. And all I need is a box to put the other stuff and I am set.


I must tackle the bottom one of these days, the island and the closet. I am itching to do it as I know there is a   TON of stuff that could go as well. Things I haven't used in years. I am happy to report that all the things in the cupboard are things we use!!!!!


And I got a new thing to use. Look at this cool glass.............


Oooops - hard to tell, but there are bikes on this glass. Thanks Ronda!!!!!


DID NOT get the quilt done, but made good progress.

And I am off to get some more of the test done!!!!   ACK ACK ACK - this is worse than high school!!!!



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Elaine, don't throw it away! Wardrobe departments use Vodka to remove odors from costumes. You may need to freshen up an old quilt or some vintage fabric one day!

    MaryV

    ReplyDelete