Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Prom

Well technically it wasn't OUR prom, but the boy friends prom which is almost as important as OUR prom.

The prom was on Friday which of course was a crazy day, but then what day is NOT crazy. M got her hair and make up done. Took forever!!!!!   But she was happy and that is all that counts.


The hair

The dress

The boy friend - Berke

One of the parents had a party/picture taking event at their house. I went with my camera in hand. There were a LOT of people there.

Informal of all girls (some of these were graduating and some were dates)

The girls again

Berke and M

The boys

Oh - just hanging out with a DRINK

Ooops - got to pose. That kid - has to pose whenever she realizes there is a camera around. And she even said it!!!!!

Then she went to give me a hug good bye and spilled her drink all over me and her hand. Hmmmm - blame those heels - more on those tomorrow

Berke and M


And now for the GOOD NEWS. I talked to my Dad about that pesticide. OH - it doesn't work over night. It may take a couple of weeks. OK - let me check. OMG - yes - you can see my pesticide wrapped branch in the background and yes - that sumac is starting to turn yellow. May take a long time - it is only yellowing on the branch that has the chemical. May have to do it on all.


Sumac on the way out??????



And that is it for today - took forever to edit those few pictures this morning. Computer is SLOW SLOW SLOW. And I've got people coming over to work on a raffle quilt so they should be arriving any minute. Good timing!!!!!


Oh before I go - one thing I forgot to mention yesterday. Why do I ride in The Ride to Conquer Cancer - well - as we were leaving camp (in Hamilton) on Sunday morning, there was an elderly lady sitting in a lawn chair. She was by herself on her front lawn. She held a simple sign that said "THANK YOU". That is why I ride!    There were many other people out with signs saying THANK YOU.

Part of the speeches at the beginning of the ride always says - Our sweat is NOTHING compared to their tears". You bet. Anyway - now that I am all teared up  - I'd better go.



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment