Saturday, June 9, 2012

While the cat is away.................


AHA - I decided that I would prepare a blog and schedule it to post while I am on the road!!!!  Actually at the time this gets posted, the Ride to Conquer Cancer will just be starting - 8 AM. The weather doesn't look good - but we'll just suck it up. It is ONE day which is NOTHING compared to those going through chemo treatment.

Yesterday was a day of adventure - at least the morning. Marian and I went to the Ancaster quilt show. But FIRST - we had to stop to get a picture of this...............


Apparently there was this GIANT NEMO that someone had on their front lawn for FREE. They had no takers, so they decided to have NEMO do things. Here he is paddling his canoe. And in case you are worried - he does have a life jacket on!!!!!   No danger of him DROWNING!!!!!



AHA - that will teach her to make faces at me!!!!!!



We saw some AMAZING quilts. I took lots of pictures - lots of ideas for quilting - wish I could show them all to you, but I selected a couple that I thought people might be interested in.


First - here is a Farmer's Wife................

Farmer's Wife (on point)


Then we saw a Sylvia's Bridal Sampler (or Elm Creek as I call it)


Elm Creek - also on point. I do like the on-point setting


And then we saw these two quilts side by side. What a great lesson in colour/value. Do you see what I mean?   The same green fabric was used in both..........................


Good lesson in colour/value. Neither is right or wrong - just DIFFERENT. You choose!!!!!

There was another like this, but the little squares were white and the squares in the background were rainbow colour (I think). I did not take a picture of that one.


And here is a puzzle for you. This is a redwork alphabet square. The letter is Q - can you guess what the word is???????


The letter Q - the word is _________________________


I got lucky right off the bat because I won a door prize. I don't normally win, but today I did. And what did I win?????


A book that (can you believe it) - I DO NOT HAVE. It is a great book. I was very happy


Then we popped quickly to the member's boutique. Some beautiful stuff for sale, but we quickly checked out the books and I found a TREASURE. This book by Elly Sienkiewicz. Currently on eBay for between $45 and $70 and I got it for $3.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



A BARGAIN


I have Volume Number One and never bought Two  because of the price. Now I have it and the price was right!!!!!


Friday was/is PROM day/night. It is NOT M's prom, but she is a date so I get to play taxi again as I ferry her to the hair and makeup appointment and then to the photos and then I get to sit home and WAIT.


And I must get myself ready for the ride.



On that note - have a great day!!!!!  


Have a beer tonight for me as I am sitting in the big tent having a beer and HOPEFULLY I will be dry. Watch for updates on Facebook.


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Q is for quartet or quadruplets!

    Maryv

    PS Do I get the prize?

    ReplyDelete