Tuesday, June 5, 2012

You want it when??????



I thought I would try something new!  You have to shake things up or life gets boring. So I have opted away from the person trainer for this month and trying TEAM FITNESS. Maria is the fireball teacher. I have never worked with her, but you can tell by observing people who is good and who is EXCEPTIONAL. Maria is EXCEPTIONAL. She has a LOT of people in her class - I won't say the number cause I don't want to get her into trouble!!!!   But it is a LOT. The class runs THREE times a week at 6 AM. I know - while I am up - it messes up my routine. The dogs were very discombulated yesterday.

There are three different routines - yesterday was eliptical and when you weren't on the eliptical, you were doing push ups, lunges, small hand weights or whatever. YIKES - this was a workout for me - definitely way more cardio than I am used to and I SUCK at push ups. I just do. Since people pay and signup for this class and it has been running for two months already - people know each other and they were yelling and laughing and having a grand time. I think I might like it, although MORE stressful than the one on one.

I thought I would be tired, but it actually revved me up for the day and I got a LOT done. Hence - NO BLOGGING - I was at the gym.

It was Monday Motivators and I took my machine and look what I got done...............

30 corner stones for a quilt that you will see later - the last two seams just have to be pressed and then the unit trimmed. YEAH

64 half square triangles - marked, sewn AND trimmed. These are for a quilt that I am finishing for  a student in one of my classes. 


On Sunday, I had a couple of things to get ready for Monday................


This label to be embroidered for a quilt

And once I got started, I had a minor heart attack when I thought I would run out of thread. But look how lucky I was!!!!!  Just made it. 
Got a baby quilt done


A typical Monday - I arrive early at the church - get all the tables set up. Then I start to sew. Sometimes it can be distracting and then the afternoon - well it gets wild - people leaving at all times and I help to take the tables down. No big deal, but yesterday a couple of us decided to stay later and I got a LOT done as you saw.

And yesterday was the FIRST Monday in a LONG time when I actually came home with LESS than I took. I love that and hope for more days like that. Could there be a light at the end of the tunnel??????


Well I was so fired up when I got home, that I got my calendar organized for the next three months - scheduled a date for all the quilts to be quilted, quilt shows, work out schedule, bike riding, blah blah blah. Actually the next couple of months are easy. Well - lots going on - mostly JUST FOR ME, although there are still a lot of deadlines and stuff for other people.



I now put my calendar on the internet (Google calendar). It is easy to print out AND I get an e-mail reminder on my phone one day in advance of appointments. I LOVE that.


Nice organized calendar. 

And I kept going  - as you know - I HATE paperwork, but I got a lot of e-mails and other stuff cleaned up last night. Yeah!!!!!   I need one entire week like that and I would be good!!!!


I have a customer (and a friend) who has been trying to get a quilt to me and it has just been one SNAFU after another. I finally got the quilt on Sunday night and it had to be done before the weekend.

OOOPS - then I get a text - NOPE - it has to be COMPLETED before the weekend, not just quilted. Hmmmmm - what to do. She did offer to take it back. I said NO.

So you know who you are.....................    and you owe me candy!!!!!!

Customer quilt (and notice - it is trimmed and OH MY - the binding is even sewn on - ready to be hand stitched!!!!!) - Make that TWO bags of candy!!!!!!

Detail of quilting

Actually had fun doing it - this is one of those 1600 quilts that are made from the jelly roll. I thought - I will load it last night and then thought - why not get it quilted and then it is done. So...................   it will be her responsibility to get it from me today so she can get that binding done - no excuses!!!!!


But I think she was trying to butter me up because when she dropped off the quilt - look what she brought me...................


And what's in the little bag???????

A beautiful orange journal!!!!!!   - I LOVE IT!!!!!



On that note - my calendar is telling me that I have another quilt to do today and Alwin is on my back to get my butt on the bike today as well. Never mind that I have a few errands that HAVE to be done today. Well just a typical day at my house.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



1 comment:

  1. hi.. when you came to our quilt guild meeting a few months ago, i remember you said you used something special to fuse pieces of batting together (instead of sewing them and getting them all lumpy!).. but i can't remember what exactly it was called... can you tell me again, please? i'll write it down this time, lol!

    ReplyDelete