Friday, June 22, 2012

Should I go or should I stay????

OK - so our outdoor yoga class wasn't the only one happening. It is a Summer Solstice event - I should have mentioned that. Marian found this article.................


Yoga and summer solstice

Doesn't matter - it was amazing and I hope they do it again. Who cares about summer solstice anyway????


I did NOT sleep well last night. I would read until I was tired, then turn out the light and then BAM - I'm wide awake. Repeat process - and I'm still awake. So when I woke up, I did NOT feel like going to the gym. BUT I dragged my sorry butt to the gym and I am very happy that I did. I am starting to bond with the group and we get along great. I had a great work out as well. I may not be losing pounds, but inches - oh yes - I think a few are gone.

Next week is a free for all because it is DEMO week for the classes and then they start up another THREE month program. I am going to sign up for the full three months - it is MUCH cheaper than the personal training. And you feel part of the community where with personal training - it is much more individual.

I had a GREAT day yesterday. I stayed home all day and cut and sewed and cut and sewed and made EXCELLENT progress on a quilt. I will show you when it is done - it is not that far off.


While doing The Ride to Conquer Cancer a couple of weeks ago - they had photographers along the way. I remember seeing the guy as I GRUNTED and GROANED up this hill. I mean - could he have picked a worse spot!!!!!!

So here I am in all my glory - grunting and groaning up this hill on 15 Side Road. It doesn't look big, but this is a deceptive hill in that it was short and INTENSE - this is the TOP of the hill - there was more around that corner. Thank goodness, I wore that red vest because otherwise I would NEVER have found myself among the HUNDREDS of photos that were posted.





So last night was our regular club cycling night. Although it was hot, I was more worried about the wind. I get ready - get outside and BAM - thunder. Hmmmmm - the sky looks pretty dark - should I go or should I stay????

I decided to bite the bullet and go for it. I arrived at the club - there were only five of us including Andra (the leader). Hmmm - those clouds are moving pretty fast, lightening, thunder, a few drops of rain. After waiting a few minutes, we called off the ride. The big question now was - could I get back home without running into rain. Well your legs can pump pretty fast when you want to get somewhere in a hurry. I did caught in a bit of rain, but was home and in the house before the DOWNPOUR hit. Thank goodness and the clouds - well they were moving pretty fast!!!!!   It was neat to watch that as I rode home. But the best part - the temperature dropped 10 degrees in MINUTES. WHOA!!!!!    Good thing we didn't go cycling - I would have froze!!!!!


Well that is it for today - short and sweet. I have LOADS to do today AGAIN. One of these days (I keep telling myself) that it will get better and I would be able to just do NOTHING all day. But of course - I just can't do NOTHING.

Have a great day.................



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment