Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dear Jane - reveal for May


Great - I take the pictures, I send out the homework and I FORGET to post the homework pictures.

So here goes - this is the Dear Jane homework reveal for the month of May...................

Anne

Jo

Evelyn

Kathy

Christine

Linda

Marilyn

Bonnie

Kathleen

Elaine

Donna

Anne SP

Pauline


Anita

Ronda

Joy

Marion

Beth

Cathy

Bernice

Jeanette

Judy

Corine

Marg



And there you have it. Great job everyone. And so many are keeping up. I am VERY IMPRESSED.

We had a quick demo of applique after the classes and hopefully everyone is going to find that makes a difference in their blocks.


No sign of the heron, but the yellow finches and red cardinals are zipping around the yard this morning.

And how the heron could get anything out of the pond is beyond me - it is getting full of rushes and lily pads.


The pond



Another customer quilt DONE!!!!!    I love what this customer does - two of her favourite patterns makers - Judy Neimeyer and Jinny Beyer - my two favourites as well.


Customer quilt

She wanted a TIGHT design to hold down all the pieces. That was a TIGHT design

And this is why I HATE batting in a bag. It stretches and unless left to relax can be a nightmare to put on the quilt.


Now with the batting -

 I COULD have opened the bag a couple of days ago since I knew when I was going to work on this quilt - I DID NOT

I COULD have put the batting in the dryer just before loading it to help it relax
I DID NOT

I COULD have loaded it with the stretchy part at the bottom (the batting was too long for the quilt)
I DID NOT


I guess I just have to suck it up. At the same time - I should ask customer to deal with the batting issue at home. Why should I take the time?   Give me batting off the big roll any day.


And here are the blocks for the raffle quilt.....................


TWO DONE - ELEVEN to go


On that note - I have a ton of errands today, hopefully get another quilt done and I better get some of the weeds out of the garden while the soil is nice and wet.



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. The pics are where??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see the new Farmers Wife book at one of the vendors at the Hamilton Quilt show? I think it is called The Farmer's Wife Pony Club.

    Maryv

    ReplyDelete