Saturday, September 17, 2016

Life's a mystery!


As I was sewing this morning, I was working on two projects. Yep - that's why I can never finish ONE project because I seem to be quite happy to advance TWO projects, but never finish ONE.

Well one of the projects was just a block that was to be completed by the beginning of this month. It was not and technically I have until the end of next week, however I'm choosing to get it done today!  The block is done. But here's the thing - it's a mystery so I can't show you what it is and I can't even tell you about it. Suffice it to say that I'm very excited about it for a number of reasons and I can't even share the reasons with you!

In between working on that block, I was sewing the missing block to that other project. It's not like the block was missing, but one of the blocks was just a touch too small to fit in with the rest. I cut not one, but TWO blocks yesterday (that was an accident!) and now I have part of at least one of the blocks together. The rest I can finish later today. Again - can't show you that one!  However after Thursday this coming week, I can show you not only the block, but the quilt. Well if not the quilt - at least the quilt top!

And then there's another mystery. But this time - it's a mystery even to me.  One of my guilds is hosting a mystery.  The size is right - 58" by 72".  Close enough to my optimum size (60" by 72") so I can live with that. You need a jelly roll or forty 2 1/2" strips.  While I like jelly rolls and have purchased my fair share of them, I hate the fact that the colors vary so much from light to dark and there is NO PATTERN that I'm really happy with that truly showcases a jelly roll.  So I opted out of using a jelly roll.  I remembered that I had a BOX of batik strips - 2 1/2" and this would be a perfect opportunity to use them.

Batik 2 1/2" strips


These are from an exchange that one of my groups did years ago.  Yep - years ago and I've no idea how many strips are there. Let's just say there are LOTS.

When I opened the box, I found FOUR patterns that I had intentions of making with those strips.  Of the four patterns, two I really like, two I'm so-so on.  I've decided that I'll start with the mystery and just use whatever combination comes to mind when we need to start cutting.  As I cut for the mystery, I'll also cut for the other two quilts that I like and those ones are going to need a ton of cutting. I know - it's going to be very hard for me to keep up and I likely won't, but I'm going to try - I'm really going to try!

However if I continue to have days like yesterday - it's going to be even harder.  It was a physically exhausting day at work and I was tired when I got home. So Miss Lexi and I went off to the park and when I got home, I was too tired to do anything. I think I was even in bed (lights out) by 9 PM.  But I had an amazing sleep and I'm pumped up ready to go today! Thank goodness because there is so much to do, I don't even know where to start.

Well - I guess I do - I have two classes this morning and those are my priority!

On that note - I'm out of here.


Have a great day!


Ciao!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment