Thursday, October 13, 2016

Farm Girl Vintage


The days are zipping by faster than I care to admit! Progress is being made on projects, but I could sure do with a couple more hours in the day!  Yes - I would fill them and then want more so I will just be happy with life the way it is and just work smarter!

It is almost time for our Farm Girl Vintage and I realized that while I edited the photos weeks ago, they never got posted so here is the show n tell from Farm Girl Vintage.

This class is based on the book by Lori Holt from A Bee in my Bonnet.   It's a really cute book and there are extra patterns for sale at Fat Quarter Shop.

Farm Girl Vintage

And without further ado, here is the homework from last class.  Each person is making their own version/project with the blocks which come in two different sizes.  The big reveal is in December where we get to see what they've made. I can hardly wait!!!!

Some of them still have their name tags from when Karen was the substitute teacher.  It works because I do not rememeber whose blocks are whose!  I must make that a new rule for future show n tells.


Beth

I know the face, know what she is doing with them, but her name just doesn't come to mind!

Love the rustic feel to these blocks

Unusual grey background which really looks nice

Shaun - love the bright colors!  

Lucy who loves to do her own thing!

Love those low volume backgrounds which I MUST learn to work with

Linda - can't wait to see what she has up her sleeve

Nice colorful blocks


Karen - dear sweet Karen.  Always doing something different









Vjera who is already sewing her blocks together


I remember why these pictures didn't get posted.  I got caught up in Shaun's quilt - you remember. The one that needed or didn't need sashing.


Shaun's gorgeous quilt


You can check out the sashing story at this link.


Wow - I just love looking at the show n tell.  Always fun to see the different color combinations and how creative some of the blocks become!  It will be very interesting to see all the finished quilts - well the tops at least.

I've got a date with the long arm all day so better get started.

Have a great day!

Ciao!!!!


I hear Lexi has been at the computer again!


No comments:

Post a Comment