Thursday, January 26, 2017

Leap of faith


Ever been in one of those situations where you've no choice but to go forward and hope that NOTHING bad happens??  Of course, you have!  We're all quilters. We've all had deadlines and you better not mess up because there is no room for error. 

On my way home to what I thought was going to be a relaxed evening, I remembered that a small sample was needed for today. In an ideal world, all samples would be readily available, but alas this one was not!  

So you guessed it - I had to make this sample last night. However, I'm not sure what I was thinking when I quilted it because I quilted the background as dense as I could quilt it. And you know what that means - distortion. So I had to block it.  I'm not really an expert on blocking, I can't think of one instance where I've done it before. Got out a big pressing board that I could pin into, a plastic garbage bag and two layers of towels.  Then I laid out the project and pinned it using a ruler to get everything squared up as best as possible. 




Project is blocked


Next up was to spritz it with water to help block it.  Yikes - there is red in that fabric and it better not bleed!  So with a giant leap of faith, I spritzed water all over the project and NOT ONE SINGLE bleed.  I knew that - I knew that it wouldn't bleed. That's just the "leap of faith" kind of person I am!!!

No bleeding

And now the project has a binding on it and it's pretty square - I'm quite happy with it and I know that I can quilt the background really tight for future projects. It just takes a long time and it's boring! The panel, if you care to check it out is from Northcott's Sesquicentennial collection.

Today is another day of QUILTsocial posts.  Check it out as there is a link to a super cute project.

On that note, I'm out of here.

Have a super day!!!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment