Saturday, February 18, 2017

Tidy up time

When I took that trip down memory lane through my previous blog - well it seemed that ALL I talk about is tidying up my stuff.  Seriously????   I need a new train of thought.  

At dinner last night, we had a discussion - do we take the stuff (in the garage) to the dump ourselves or do we call 1-800-got-junk???  Come spring, there is going to be a massive tidy up - at least in the garage. Must schedule a day for that.  

I had to clean up my hand sewing box. I'll share the reason tomorrow. Am I done my homework for class today???  NO!  I've got most of it prepped and that's why there is a short blog this morning as I still have a bit more that I need to get done. Perhaps I'll finish all the blocks off tonight - a fun night of sewing instead of a night sewing things that have deadlines.

I've been doing a lot of hand stitching - mostly labels and sleeves. I'll be happy to get those out of the way, but it seems that there is an endless supply of quilts that need labels and sleeves. These are perfect to take to the Monday sewing group where I have 1 1/2 hours on Monday morning to spend with the few early birds who get there. Then I zip off to work.  

But the handstitching box was full of pins, thread, burred needles and well - too much stuff. 



Untidy hand stitch box
I put the pins back in the pincushion where I can use them. The snaps went in the fastener box, all the threads got wrapped with a strip of vinyl to prevent the threads from springing off and making a huge mess.

Vinyl wrapped around the spools of thread
I was wondering if I could file down the burrs on those two needles?  I'll attempt this weekend, otherwise, they are history!

And now I have a tidy box with a lid that shuts tight and SECURE!

Hand stitch box is tidied up!

I know that many of you (and I know) that the less amount of stuff you have, the easier it is to keep tidy. I tend not to deal with stuff right away (non-quilt) stuff or silly little things accummulate over the years.  The dining room/office is evidence of that.  I so want this room to be tidy - wish me luck. I keep saying that and it is happening so slowly that I don't see it happen.  I must schedule a day where this will happen.  The month of March is a pretty slow month for me so I'l going to schedule a day in there to just rip this place apart.  No that's not true - I'm going to deal with all the extraneous stuff that sitting on the floor. If that could be dealt with, I'd be happy.   Goals - another goal!

On that note, I'm back to the sewing machine to finish one more block for today.

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment