Monday, May 22, 2017

Spring Market - Day Three


Wow - Spring Market is over for another year. The time seems to fly by and next thing I knew we were tearing the booth down. I seriously did NOT get a chance to really walk the floor. I finally took a quick run through late in the day yesterday, but I don't think I managed to walk all the aisles.  Next time, I schedule my appointments with a big gap to walk the floor.

And why is that? Well, I had appointments and I had a fair number of appointments with various people. I also helped out the sales team if they needed questions answered about some of the projects hanging in the booth. You know - I never even took pictures of the booth.  Oh my goodness - what is happening to me?  I barely took any pictures at all. I must be slowing down!

And of course, if you had an appointment and they were a tad late, then you had to wait for them. I did miss chatting with one person. I think we got our times mixed up. I missed the text that she was at the booth and then we never did connect. Oh well, we'll go it via e-mail or next market. I already have a lot of stuff in the pipeline, it may be just as well that I didn't get a chance to chat with this editor.

We actually had a steady stream of people all market, but around 2 PM (show closes at 4 PM), everything just went dead.  The attendees were finished with their classes and wanted to get out of there. It didn't take long to tear down our booth although we had to wait a fair amount of time to get the crates to our booth. If only they would let us move them ourselves. They are on wheels!  However, all convention centers come with very strong unions so best not to step on toes.

We locked the final crate - 2 hours and 45 minutes. I had to laugh because, at one point, we're all sitting around waiting for the crates. The moment the crates arrived, it became a beehive of activity as everyone scurried around taping boxes, rollling quilts and shoving it all into the crates

I must be mad because I went back to Sugarfire for the THIRD time while I was here.  Call me adventureous!   Seriously, I don't mind eating at the same place - it's really good.  I loved the brisket and that's what I wanted. However, there was just an end left by the time I got to the counter. The lady wasn't going to sell it to me - policy I'm sure.  Finally I convinced her that I was OK with that piece (I like well done).  She said something and then cut up the hunk into chunks and slapped it on my butcher paper on my big metal tray!  It was great and so was the company as a couple of us had some good conversations and recapped the show.

Back to the hotel where I finished up some work that I had to do.  For some reason, I haven't been sleeping as well as I normally do. Not sure what the situation is, but I seem to be awake more than I sleep. But one more night out and then I'll be home tomorrow.

You see - while most of our crew goes home today, some of us are going on an adventure. Just wait! It's exciting.  To give you a clue, just remember we're in St. Louis and what state is St. Louis in? Think about it!

On that note, I'm out of here to finish packing.

Have a super day!

Ciao!!!!


It's also the first day of my week of posting for QUILTsocial.  Check it out.  Even if you don't have the Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 50 (which is the machine that I reviewed this week) or even if you're not in the market for a sewing machine, check it out as there are lots of tips in the posts that will make it worth your while to read.

4 comments:

  1. Anxious to hear your thoughts on Missouri Star. If you have extra time, stop in Hannibal at the Hickory Stick quilt shop. It is worth the trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ACK --- we didn't stop in Hannibal. I wish we had a chance, but time was very limited. Next trip!

      Delete
  2. If you are going where I think you are going, that is a roadtrip! From my recollections it is 4 hours out and 4 hours back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes - Mary - that is where we are going!!!! Four hours out and we're flying out of Kansas City so one hour to get there.

      Delete