Saturday, May 20, 2017

Spring Quilt Market - Day One

Yesterday was the first official day of Spring Market. I had several meetings booked with editors and customers and always exciting to show off the new collections.

I have my favorite collections from the new release and it's always fun to see which ones are liked by others.  I did get another quilt picked up by a magazine. Yeah - but there isn't an immediate rush on that - fabric isn't even made yet. 

I have another round of appointments today.  I did manage to get out and see a little bit of the show. Hopefully, a little bit more tomorrow and then tomorrow which is a shorter day, but I only have two appointments so I should be able to get out and see the rest. 

I've run into shop owners from back home and we've had some good visits. I think that's what I'm best at. I'm a talking head. I love talking - just like my dad and his dad.  The gift of the gab!

Oh, shoot - just realizing that I haven't posted any pictures on Facebook/Instagram (except for my food) so I'll try and do that today so you can see what I've been working on. 

The day passed by in a whirlwind and next thing you know - it's time to go back to the hotel. I had yakked about the BBQ place so much that Shirley wanted to go and so the two of us were off to the BBQ place.  The line was even longer than the previous night but it went quickly. The food looked equally messy but was very good. And I ran into several people there from Market. One group was there because of my picture I posted the night before!  

We had a good chat and a good catch-up since we don't get to see each other that often. Back to the hotel where it was only 8 PM.  The rest of my group was just going out. I just can't do that anymore.  OK - it's not so much that I can't, as that I don't want to be eating at 10 PM.  Too late.  

I see that it is raining this morning and there have been some spectacular claps of thunder and lightening. I will have to make quick work of getting over to the convention center which is about a 1-minute walk so I don't get too wet. I have a class at 8 AM so I'll be there for that. I don't even know what it is - I did sign up for two and I can't remember either. That's why we have schedules and agendas!

On that note - I'm off to get ready and have breakfast!

Have a super day!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment