Thursday, October 26, 2017

By the skin of my teeth!


I know that there are some of you who like to live vicariously through my blog.  However, there are times when perhaps that wouldn't be such a good idea!

Like getting ready for Market which as you know has been a teeny bit stressful. It's not really the sewing and the quilting that has been the issue, it's been the sheer volume of stuff and never mind that those three magazine quilts go into the mix. 

So I finished the last quilt top that I wanted to get done. I didn't need it to be quilted so that was good because there was zero time to get quilted. BUT I had one other tiny project that I thought would be fun so I was merrily working on that last night.  Hey - my plane doesn't leave until late so I've loads of time.

DH was away but would be home in time to take me to the airport.  I heard him come home and then I got a text on my phone stating that there was a gate change for my flight that was leaving in   ONE HOUR and SEVENTEEN MINUTES!!!   WHAT?????   Oh god - what I thought was 11 PM was in fact 9 PM.  How did I mix up 20:55?????   I hate that 24-hour clock - drive me nuts as I can never figure it out. We were to arrive at 23:11 which I knew was 11 PM.  I must have looked at that time and that's what stuck in my head! 

Needless to say that a tiny little panic went through me as I scooped up the project that was on the cutting mat, threw it into a plastic bag and shoved it into my backpack. Thankfully I was all packed. I ran up the stairs and said: "we need to leave NOW!"  It was like I was having a baby and there was NO time to wait!!!

Thankfully I don't live that far from the airport and I made it in plenty of time.  No issues to get through security and they hadn't even started boarding the plane when I arrived.  No problem!!!!   However, I wouldn't recommend that for the faint of heart!

Regardless of the fact that we were flying out two hours earlier than I had expected, it was still a late night by the time we got to the hotel. I was glad to arrive and get into bed.

Now here's the situation around here.  The Minute Maid stadium is a mere couple of minutes walk away.  Guess what has happened?  Yep - the Houston Astros are in the World Series!     They won the first game last night and people went crazy around here even though the team was playing back east.  Imagine what it will be like tomorrow with thousands and thousands of people here to see the game in real life.  It's deadly quiet right now - tomorrow it will be a zoo.

And the cost of the hotel rooms??? More than QUADRUPLED!!!!  I bet they are not happy that the rooms are full of quilters who booked months ago at cheaper rates.
I'm going to try and install the photo editing software that I got a trial for so I'll be able to post some pictures in the next couple of days - well while I'm here at the show. 

I'll tell you all about today - tomorrow. 

Have a super day!!!

Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment